Lewis Kelly Cut. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Lewis Kelly Cut.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lewis Kelly Cut.

Postby CC » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:43 pm

I think this was a mistake, Kelly made their line the deepest in the league, I don't have a link though. Whoever picks him up will get a starter quality lineman on the cheap.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ibeckhami » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:47 am

yeah i heard about that too. kelly is a good T. Although, Mckinnie was better. Apparently, Herrera impressed Tice. Here's a little paragraph on it:

OL Lewis Kelly was cut Aug. 5 after four seasons with the Vikings. Almost two years ago, his wife died from a rare blood disorder. Rakiva Kelly was pregnant at the time. This year, Kelly tried to win a job as a backup center when starter Matt Birk injured his pelvis. But rookie Anthony Herrera impressed coach Mike Tice for the third spot on the depth chart behind Cory Withrow. "Very, very tough, but it was time to move on," Tice said, referring to Kelly's release.
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:54 am

Yeah, but I can't disagree with the decision. Tice obviously knows more about offensvie line more than any of us at the Cafe...(was the O-Line coach prior to being named head coach). Kelly wasn't going to see much playing time, and this frees up a roster spot for HOPEFULLY a linebacker.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ibeckhami » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:47 pm

yeah. i wish the vikings would've tried for Trotter. He would've been a good acquisition. Although i'm happy with the Vikings LB's now (that is if EJ Henderson is playing) if so, then the starters are Claiborne, Dontarrious, and EJ. Which, if you ask me is not a bad LB line. A little young, but they're still good.
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Minnesota Vikings