All time BIG hitters!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

All time BIG hitters!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

All time BIG hitters!!!

Postby DUKE » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:48 am

I love guys that go out and seriously lay the pads on guys. Not illegal hits and all, but just hard hitters that make players think twice when going near them again. Here are some of mine:

*Steve Attwater

* Brian Cox (in his day he was so mean looking w/ that big orange neck roll behind his helmet

*Ronnie Lott

*Lawrence Taylor (hit like a ton of bricks/ unfortunately has a brick for a brain
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fntsyrookie » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:55 am

I hate the Bucs, but have to give John Lynch props. That guy hits like a freight train.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:57 am

Dont forget Terry Tate !! ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Indy Dragons » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:00 am

I'll go back in time to:

Dick Butkus, Chicago Bears
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:16 am

how about Singletary!?!?!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:45 am

this is going back too: Dick "Night Train" Lane. He used a clothes-line type of tackle called the "Night Train Necktie" that was later banned by the NFL. He also holds a record for 14 interceptions in a single season. And that was in only a 12 game season, which was his rookie year. That is amazing!
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby zombiez » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:23 pm

Jack Lambert......Ray Lewis......Reggie White......this whole list everyone has posted is prestigious..... ;-D ;-D ;-D Gotta love good hit's!!!!!!!!!!
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby kashikis » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:29 pm

im partial to LT being a Giants fan so he gets my vote

dont forget joe greene - i know GP will like that one
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Bronko Nagurski

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:28 pm

Bronko Nagurski has no peers in the hard hitting tough guy football world. Just look at this from the Bears website:

Bronko Nagurski was the symbol of terrifying, crushing power on the gridiron. All who saw him play speak of him only in the most awesome of terms.

"Defense him?" Steve Owen, the long-time New York Giants coach, once said. "There's only one way to defense him - shoot him before he leaves the dressing room!"

"That boy could have been an all-American at all eleven positions," his University of Minnesota coach, Dr. Clarence Spears, insisted.

"There was something strange about tackling Nagurski," his long-time teammate, Red Grange, remembers. "When you hit him at the ankles, it is almost like getting an electric shock. If you hit him above the ankles, you are likely to get killed."

"Here's a check for $10,000, Nagurski," G.A. Richards, owner of the Detroit Lions, once said. "Not for playing the Lions, because you belong to the Bears, but just to quit the game and get the hell out of the league. You are ruining my team."

Thus grew the legend, a legend that was perpetuated in 1963 when Bronko Nagurski was unanimously elected to charter membership in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. To all that had a vote, it was unthinkable to honor Nagurski in any but this very first group of enshrinees!

Bronko may be best remembered for his bull-like thrusts at the enemy line. Yet he had no peer as a blocker and his tackling was as bone-harrowing and effective as any the game has seen. He was like a reinforced cement block on defense. His offensive versatility is not well known, but he was quite a threat as a passer and it was this ability which actually prompted the NFL to alter its rules in 1933!
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby The Sandwich » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:23 pm

Duke, You beat me to it. Dick Lane could bring the wood. Watching tape of him is like watching an episode of JackAss. It is hard to watch but you can't look away.

I hated them but anyone remember Hanes and Hayes in Oakland. Peolpe were afraid to run down field because they would get killed.
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk