Madden Challenge - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Challenge

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden Challenge

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:40 pm

How many people here are participating in the Madden Challenge? This will be my first year. Feel free to share some tips and strategies.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:48 pm

Eh, it doesn't come to my town. If it was somewhat respectable, I would be willing to drive a couple hours for it, but as it is it's who can run the most cheese plays with 1 minute quarters.

Too much luck involved, with 1 minute quarters it's basically one 2-minute drive each, and no matter how good your are eventually you're gonna get a fluke INT or fumble.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby YunYaamka » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:43 am

I played in the Challenge last year and got my ass handed to me in my second game. He had the Bucs and on D he would go into dime, bunch his linemen in to stop the run, and put Derrick Brooks on spy in case I ran outside. What I learned from this is you have to know every damn play in your playbook. I'm sure there was a play in there that would have gotten the tiny hole in his zone coverage, but I didn't know which play it was.

This year, they've supposedly fixed the 'jetpacking glitch,' where tall receivers could jump well over five feet in the air. That was one of the big complaints in the challenge last year.
"Everybody has their sanctuary. Catholics have church, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have beer." - Peter Griffin
YunYaamka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Video Games