how do you make a banner/logo? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

how do you make a banner/logo?

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:24 am

i forgot to add TBBB, I'm sorry if i'm pestering you, and i know you've been asked these questions a million times probably. any answer, if any, should be the easiest for you, and i know im making that pretty hard. Sorry about that. ;-)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Franchise Fan » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:43 am

It takes alot of memory in your computer. At least photoshop does. I have photoshop 7.0 and I am about to get Photoshop cs. Photoshop 7 is now avail. for around 50 bucks i think, while CS is around $500 (no thats not a typo)
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:58 am

holy crap!! 8-o 8-o 8-o

i wish i had a system like that, but i cant afford it! :,-( well im soon getting new comp so i'll wait till then to install a quality program. right now i'll stick with the free (allright, aright, call me a cheapskate!!! :-b ) program and learn how and all that stuff first. Hopefully my dad don't get p*ssed @ me for downloading it! ;-)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jumpman8828 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:58 am

What's so great about CS? Right now I'm using the free trial and it doesn't seem like it's worth $500 at all, I'd much rather have 7 for 50 bucks.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:30 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:What's so great about CS? Right now I'm using the free trial and it doesn't seem like it's worth $500 at all, I'd much rather have 7 for 50 bucks.

If Photoshop 7.0 crashes, you lose everything. Photoshop CS automatically saves every-so-often, even if you don't. It's great if it crashes and you lose your work, but it uses a TON of temp storage and it's not very good at deleting things when you're done with them, as Word does.

Overall though, that's the single most important upgrade that Adobe has added to the Photoshop series.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:34 pm

creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:so if i download irfanview, how do i make the sigs? are there special options or plugins that must be also downloaded? also, does it take much memory in your comp.?

The only thing you'd want to download plugins for is your backgrounds. And even then, you can use the brushes and filter tools to make something pretty sweet even without the use of plugins. Just download irfanview and you should be fine. It doesn't have all the bells and wistles that photoshop does, but you can make a sig look a lot better than if you just had MS Paint.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:36 pm

im downloading irfanview and im wonder what it means right before installation when it says "do you want to associate extentions with IrfanView" could you please inform me. thanks
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:46 pm

nvm i got it
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests