Lee Suggs Solidifies Starting Job - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lee Suggs Solidifies Starting Job

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lee Suggs Solidifies Starting Job

Postby nebbie2004 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:52 pm

Im sorry if this has been discussed!

What do you guys think of this, was you rooting for Suggs all the way or you though Willie(Pothead)Green actuallly had a chance?!?

Browns | Suggs Solidifies Starting Job - from http://www.KFFL.com
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 09:38:18 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns RB Lee Suggs has entrenched himself as the starting running back this year with a stellar performance in the scrimmage versus the Buffalo Bills Saturday, Aug. 7. Suggs had four carries for 80 yards, including a 50-yard run. "He just showed power and speed and strength and the ability to find the gap," Garcia said.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

good

Postby hwkyetkd11 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:10 pm

definitely glad to hear this! I drafted him in both my leagues so far pretty late hoping this would happen!
hwkyetkd11
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:15 pm

i havent heard this yet... but im real glad! i have him in a couple leagues, including one where i had ricky, so this is good news.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:26 pm

Where would you draft him if he has the starting job locked up? 4th round or 5th round I would be thinking. He showed alot in that last game last year.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:34 pm

Since when does 4 carries in an exhibition (not even preseason) game solidify someone as a starter?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:21 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Since when does 4 carries in an exhibition (not even preseason) game solidify someone as a starter?

I totally agree. You don't solidfy a starting position based on one NFL start and a good preseason. To lock down a job in the NFL, you need to be an accomplished player with multiple seasons under his belt... or have no competition.

I think a good comparison to Suggs vs. Green this season is the Bulger/Warner situation from last season. All it takes is an injury/bad game and suddenly roles will be reversed, especially when the competition is heated. Simply put, the best player on the team will play no matter who is the #1 on the depth chart.

I don't believe Lee Suggs will be the "locked in starter" this season as long as William Green is still on the Browns.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:55 pm

Even if Suggs wins the job outright, I still dont see him as anything more than a #3 or4 RB this yr. CLE schedule against the run suggests they will be passing pretty regularly.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Paladyr » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:24 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Even if Suggs wins the job outright, I still dont see him as anything more than a #3 or4 RB this yr. CLE schedule against the run suggests they will be passing pretty regularly.

I don't think you can look at any players schedule and be able to guess on whether or not they will be facing tough run D's just based on last years stats.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:55 am

Paladyr wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Even if Suggs wins the job outright, I still dont see him as anything more than a #3 or4 RB this yr. CLE schedule against the run suggests they will be passing pretty regularly.

I don't think you can look at any players schedule and be able to guess on whether or not they will be facing tough run D's just based on last years stats.

I completely agree - thats why a lot of people use fundamental analysis of the situation based on offseason changes as well. I dont use the SOS number attributed to schedules based on last yrs stats. Looking at CLE schedule I see maybe 3-5 games against soft run Ds. The rest are pretty brutal. The AFC North is one of the toughest divisions in the NFL.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:09 pm

The news on Suggs is promising, but Green is a first round draft pick who Cleveland is not going to give up on. I have a feeling that the Brown's brass wants Green to win the job and will give him every opportunity.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk