fantasy football guys rankings????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

fantasy football guys rankings?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

fantasy football guys rankings?????

Postby kamakazi_kal » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:17 pm

garbage total garbage

for some reason they allowed people to view their "free" rankings ( now not free) but dont waste your hard earned cash boys the didnt even have champ bailey ranked in their DB rankings not to mention they have SA and mcallister (who i like) ranked above portis and tomlinson thats right ........... lt2 number 5 on that list.......................... NUMBER 5.........................not to mention they have fantasy defense in the way of atlanta .... miami............ SD in the top 10 sayyyyyyyyyyyyy wahytttttttt

trash internet trash

id give the link but they cut off the free access

but feel free to try

http://www.footballguys.com
kamakazi_kal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:22 pm

From Cornbread Maxwell:

As for DBs - stay away from the shutdown corners like Champ Bailey - offenses gear their gameplans away from them which causes a loss of opportunity for these guys to get you fantasy points. Look for run stopping DBs like Rodney Harrison or Adam Archuleta who rack up tons of tackles.

I haven't clicked on the link but I remember them having Archuleta fairly high, and this is probably the reason Bailey isn't where you think he should be. As far as the other rankings it seems to me that many internet sites and magazines make too many bold predictions, possibly to differentiate themselves from the pack. Some also rank guys like Vick higher than they should be because of the "name cred" he has. You can't rely on any one rankings sheet for guidance.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kamakazi_kal » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:00 am

but bailey not even in the top 30 commmmmon and just so you know i was high on the denver d so i was looking and even al wilson wasnt ranked in the top 30 hell ..... ray lewis is the 4th best behind the carolina mlb atl mlb man seau isnt even a mlb and he rankes 3rd on that list ............. jeez gimme a break
kamakazi_kal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Smizzy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:08 am

Wow :-t
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby thrash » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:07 am

idk what ur lookin at but LT2 is ranked #2 in their projections, and the overall #1 with their experts and message boards points.
thrash
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:09 am

even more proof that the free FFC is all we need.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:40 am

kamakazi_kal wrote:but bailey not even in the top 30 commmmmon and just so you know i was high on the denver d so i was looking and even al wilson wasnt ranked in the top 30 hell ..... ray lewis is the 4th best behind the carolina mlb atl mlb man seau isnt even a mlb and he rankes 3rd on that list ............. jeez gimme a break

bailey is a good real life player but he is horrible for fantasy purposes... Teams tend to not throw at him meaning he doesnt get tackles or that many opportunities for int's... The same holds true for C. Woodson, C. McAllister, P. Surtain, T. Law...The more valuable guys on those teams are the corners starting on the other side, so Lenny Walls will prolly hav a better fantasy year than Champ... Almost every starting strong safety has more value than almost all the corners(save antoine winfield)... The only thing that would give champ value is if return yards are a prermium in your league and he does the punt return duties...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:49 am

kamakazi_kal wrote:but bailey not even in the top 30 commmmmon and just so you know i was high on the denver d so i was looking and even al wilson wasnt ranked in the top 30 hell ..... ray lewis is the 4th best behind the carolina mlb atl mlb man seau isnt even a mlb and he rankes 3rd on that list ............. jeez gimme a break

Go take some IDP scoring schemes and crunch the number yourself. I doubt you'll find Champ Bailey in the top 30 of any scoring scheme you can find.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:57 am

None of those rankings are THAT outrageous other than SD and ATL being in the top 10 D's.

Champ really isnt a top 30 guy and LT has some issues w/ his team and may end up falling to #5. I dont personally agree w/ him at #5, but its not far-fetched that it could happen
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby georgiadawg » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:06 pm

Cornbread, Maddog, and The Heat are right. Look, I am the biggest Champ Bailey fan there is, I named my English bulldawg after him, but I wouldn't draft him in fantasy football.

P.S. Go back and look at Champ's stats at UGA versus Charles Woodsen's at Michigan. You might be surprised....
georgiadawg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk