fantasy football guys rankings????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

fantasy football guys rankings?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:06 pm

kamakazi_kal wrote:but bailey not even in the top 30 commmmmon and just so you know i was high on the denver d so i was looking and even al wilson wasnt ranked in the top 30 hell ..... ray lewis is the 4th best behind the carolina mlb atl mlb man seau isnt even a mlb and he rankes 3rd on that list ............. jeez gimme a break

TSN, football guys and a couple other do NOT have Bailey in the top 30. He is a shutdown corner and simply does not have FF value. HE doesn't get int's or tackles. qb's just don't throw at him.

I can LT2 at 5. Opinions are different. Priest was very low last year in alot of drafts.

SD Def as top ten is pretty ridiculous though.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chopper » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:12 pm

Great quote from CBM. Wish I'd seen that before.

Strictly on last year's numbers Champ is the 50th best DB in my scoring system (largely due to tackles and passes defended). He may be the best NFL DB, but with teams throwing away from him, he can't get fantasy numbers.

This only reinforces what I've always said about playing WR's, as well. I always sit any #1 WR if playing against Champ. There's just way too few plays on that side of the field.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:57 pm

i dont know if they have a special updated page for paying members (Ricky is still on this list), but here is what i found at fantasyfootballguys

http://apps.footballguys.com/04rbrank.c ... ank&desc=0 = RBs

http://apps.footballguys.com/04defrank.cfm = Team Defense

LT is ranked #1, and SD and ATL arent 30 and 23 respectively
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: fantasy football guys rankings?????

Postby Johnny Ballgame » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:16 pm

kamakazi_kal wrote:garbage total garbage

for some reason they allowed people to view their "free" rankings ( now not free) but dont waste your hard earned cash boys the didnt even have champ bailey ranked in their DB rankings not to mention they have SA and mcallister (who i like) ranked above portis and tomlinson thats right ........... lt2 number 5 on that list.......................... NUMBER 5.........................not to mention they have fantasy defense in the way of atlanta .... miami............ SD in the top 10 sayyyyyyyyyyyyy wahytttttttt

trash internet trash

id give the link but they cut off the free access

but feel free to try

http://www.footballguys.com

While I agree that Champ is an amazing CB - he sucks in individual Fantasy Scoring. I don't want anyone on my team who doesn't have a chance to put up points and that guy never gets thrown at (for good reason). However - if you believe the hype that he may play some receiver this year then you could bumphim up on your rankings as he would have a chance to score from both sides of the ball (depending on your scoring system). Also - Ladanian has gone up and down my rankings all summer and I currently have him at number 2 but I would also understand him falling to maybe 4th due to his team.
"You using the whole fist there doc?" - Irwin M. Fletcher
Johnny Ballgame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ironman » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:14 pm

I personally have liked footballguys coverage thus far. It seems pretty good plus they are updating rankings/projections about twice a week now which is nice.

As far as Champ goes I think its pretty much been said already that his talent doesn't translate into big fantasy numbers. I've played IDP for a while now and I've found a lot of great cornerbacks in real-life aren't very good fantasy players. For DB's you can be better served with a hard-hitting guys that can rack up the solo tackles (i.e. Archuleta, Greg Wesley, Rodney Harrison).
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:08 pm

the only outrageous thing about fantasy football guys is the SD denfense everything else is arguable
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Juke » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:37 pm

Footballguys gets the free shutdown Aug 1. I go to Footballdocs and Fantasy Football Today for cheatsheets and rankings--both are free ALL the time and reliable. I like to come to the cafe for primarily discussion---awesome site! PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS PAY!!!!
Juke
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moose_ffc » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:32 am

I think Footballguys has fine coverage. I don't usually see anything there that just makes me go "HUH?". So I don't have any problem with them.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk