Just Got Madden 2005 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Just Got Madden 2005

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby footballfreak449 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:13 pm

I've been playing this for 2 days now, almost non-stop (some sleeping and eating), and I've come up with the good things about the game.

Gameplay

Offense

1. Plenty of Hot Routes to call, makes you almost unbeatable if you know how to a read a defense.
2. Graphics are out of this world, and player movement is so much better than ESPN 2K5 (ive played both).
3. No more hurdle button, cover-up works great with guys like Alstott.
4. WRs can make diving plays that in past years would have just fallen incomplete, plus they are fun to watch.
5. You no longer can motion a WR into the middle of your line and hike the ball and send him from there, he will block instead, which makes it more realistic.

Defense

1. Run Defense has improved tons which adds more realism, and tougher.
2. Pressure is much better, and QB's won't have minutes to make a play, and running backs won't be guarented at least 3 yards when you run right up the middle.
3. Defensive playmaker changes my whole defensive stratgey; If they line-up with 5 WR, I have a LB who could easily get right to the QB, a simple 2 buttons will put his butt on the ground.
4. Blitzing is improved; Guys will put more pressure on the QB's quicker.
5. 2 Words; Hit Stick; I love it. I've played about 5 games and it has force about 1 Fumble and 3 Incomplete Passes each game.

Franchise

Pre-Season
1. Training camp continues to help out those young guys who just need improvment on a few things.
2. Training camp battles. Have 2 guys battle it out, could improve, but still solid.

Season
1. During the season player improvment. Every 4 weeks guys will improve or become worse, depending on their performance.
2. Newspaper, PDA, and The Talk Show. Storys will be unfold, and then be told.

Off-Season
1. Restricted Free Agency; adds a new, but good, twist to re-signing players. Also you can tag players as your franchise players.
2. Better draft; now, you can trade picks and people who have been drafted during the draft... just like the pros...

I see very little problems wih this game. WR Option Routes aren't great, but it's still pretty cool. There's more good things, too, but I havnt played in about 10 minutes, and my hand is starting to shake....
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:26 pm

I'm 8 weeks into my Redskins franchise and I'm really liking this game. All pro is pretty easy though imo and the CPU still cant/doesnt run very well. I'm not having trouble running at all with Portis it seems pretty easy. I'm actually having more trouble passing. I absolutely love the hit stick. I'm getting a kick out of blasting people over the middle with Taylor. Cuasing fumbles with it is so gratifying especially since I've always had troubles getting fumbles. The newspaper is really stupid, but if they improve it it could eventually be cool. The gameplay and graphics are great. Fantasy draft is sooo easy. It's easier than ever to stock up on top rookies so I'm not sure I'm either going to bother this year. I'll have an unstoppable team by the second or third year gauranteed.

Anyway those were a few of my random thoughts... tiem to go play some more. :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:12 am

I got Madden yesterday!!!

Yeeehaw, I'm liking the running game...it's a little easier to hit the holes up in the middle IMO. Lookin good ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby UtopianHopes » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:51 am

TheHeat24 wrote:
JayM09 wrote:oh yeah no doubt duke, thats the first thing i did was go online and download the new rosters.

where did u get the rosters ive been looking around the game but i cant find where... what section is it under... By the way im unimpressed that they dont even have josh scobey in the game... even though hes a cardinal he was still one of the better return men last year.

You have to go play online. It download automatically.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UtopianHopes » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:54 am

The Great Gambini wrote:I am about to start my Bears' franchise. I've been thinking about buying a Sharkport/X-Port/MaxDrive to download updated rosters for Madden and NCAA from http://www.ps2rosters.com. Anyone know of the best place to get one, or if they are worth the money?

Madden update by itself. You basically buying the port for downloading the names of the players. I check on it once, but I dont think it worh buying the port for 30 bucks and then looking for a roster and hope it free too. Just to have the names in the roster (also all names get deleted in 4-5 season of dynasty, because they all graduate).
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Video Games