Perry getting close... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Perry getting close...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Perry getting close...

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:51 am

Fanball wrote:THE NEWS

The Bengals have made progress in talks with first-round pick Chris Perry and hope to reach a contract agreement in the near future. A source told the Cincinnati Enquirer that the two sides were tweaking the details of a five-year contract worth $7 million, with another $3 million in incentives and escalator clauses.

OUR VIEW

Perry has already missed nine days of camp, which just about ruins any thoughts of him pushing Rudi Johnson for significant playing time. Perry could still see work as a third-down back, though that might not come until later in the season.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:01 pm

Great news that they are so close. I see the deal getting done today sometime. The one thing I don't agree with is the significance that this has to do with the upcoming season. I don't see it have much impact on his chances for this season. If it would've lasted into the preseason games, I would concur, but these 9 days of camp shouldn't hurt him too much, assuming he's keeping himself in shape. Usually in these holdouts, the players are still working out daily and studying their playbooks. Being at camp the whole time would've been preferable, but there's still plenty of time for him to catch up on everything. I remember Justin Smith's holdout lasting through the second game of the regular season and coming in and having an immediate impact starting with the first game he was available.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:15 pm

DUKE wrote:Great news that they are so close. I see the deal getting done today sometime. The one thing I don't agree with is the significance that this has to do with the upcoming season. I don't see it have much impact on his chances for this season. If it would've lasted into the preseason games, I would concur, but these 9 days of camp shouldn't hurt him too much, assuming he's keeping himself in shape. Usually in these holdouts, the players are still working out daily and studying their playbooks. Being at camp the whole time would've been preferable, but there's still plenty of time for him to catch up on everything. I remember Justin Smith's holdout lasting through the second game of the regular season and coming in and having an immediate impact starting with the first game he was available.

Im with you DUKE, they arent going to draft a RB in the 1st rd and just let him sit on the bench b/c of missing a week or so of practices (especially after giving him a nice contract). If he knows the plays, he will be fine, and its not like they will keep Rudi in there on 3rd downs. Perry should still get around 10 touches a game to start, at least IMO
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:16 pm

Ya I just want to see this kid play coming out of Michigan. He looked real good on his cuts and speed and i'm real excited to see him run for us. 10 attempts a game sounds about right. ;-D
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Cincinnati Bengals