Adam Meadows retires...Panthers running game in trouble? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Adam Meadows retires...Panthers running game in trouble?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:47 am

The Lung wrote:This is very bad news for the fantasy value of Jake Delhomme, Steve Smith, Stephen Davis, and DeShaun Foster, as Meadows' retirement leaves the offensive line thinner than Mary-Kate Olson.
That isn't your line, it was like on KFFL or fanball.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:55 am

34=Sweetness wrote:
The Lung wrote:This is very bad news for the fantasy value of Jake Delhomme, Steve Smith, Stephen Davis, and DeShaun Foster, as Meadows' retirement leaves the offensive line thinner than Mary-Kate Olson.

That isn't your line, it was like on KFFL or fanball.

And I properly attributed the source the first time I posted this quote. See for yourself:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60182&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:08 am

Alright its cool ;-D . Just making sure the copyright police don't come and drop the hammer on the cafe. :-b
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Lung » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:14 am

;-D ;-D ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Flux » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:19 am

i think you all are overreacting to this. Meadows has been on the decline b/c of his age and constant shoulder problems. He only started 5 games last year for the Colts and only played in 12...he has seen better days.

Jeff Mitchell is underrated at center, the loss of Steussie isnt that big of a deal b/c hes old and isnt the player he used to be and they brought in Claridge to replace Jeno James. Sure they may not be as good as they were last year on the line, but they got some young guys who are very good.

atvjerryrice80 wrote:and now gross moved from right to left tackle or vice versa. not good. not as easy to adjust as you think

Not sure if you mean that Gross now will be moving to Right Tackle since Meadows was hurt. But that is where Gross played all of last year so he has experience there. Or if you mean that they are moving him to left tackle this year after playing right tackle, left tackle is his natural position that he is used to.

All of these other O-line moves took place WAAAAAAAAAY before Meadows retiring and nobody seemed to think it was a big deal then. But now that a guy who is 30 w/ constant shoulder problems retires, all of a sudden there is no hope in CAR? If you dont want S. Davis b/c he will potentially split carries thats fine, but this news really shouldnt lower his value or any other Panthers
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:23 pm

Flux wrote:
atvjerryrice80 wrote:and now gross moved from right to left tackle or vice versa. not good. not as easy to adjust as you think

Not sure if you mean that Gross now will be moving to Right Tackle since Meadows was hurt. But that is where Gross played all of last year so he has experience there. Or if you mean that they are moving him to left tackle this year after playing right tackle, left tackle is his natural position that he is used to.

From what I've read the plan was always to move him to left tackle, as you stated, his natural position. It'll be interesting to see what develops but I imagine they plan on leaving him at left tackle to take Steussie's place as anticipated.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:22 am

MadScott wrote:
Flux wrote:

From what I've read the plan was always to move him to left tackle, as you stated, his natural position. It'll be interesting to see what develops but I imagine they plan on leaving him at left tackle to take Steussie's place as anticipated.

I agree, theres no way they move him back. He is better there, and thats the most important spot on the line w/ a right handed QB and thats where they want their best linemen
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby marvin88 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:49 am

imo the loss of meadows is no big deal. steussie and james meant that there line isn't as good. but if gross lives up to potential he'll be better than steussie. last year meadows was replaced by ryan diem at RT then couldn't keep tupe peko out of the lineup at RG so his value wasn't much anyway. but like someone said before i'd be much more worried about a davis/foster split then the declining o-line. i'm not sure yet where to put s.smith and delhomme. i wasn't all that high on either of them anyway, but i think smith doesn't go anywhere in my rankings.
marvin88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: wishing i could change my name to canadian colthead.

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:17 am

I dont think its as much a big deal for Smith and Delhomme, but if more lineman start getting hurt, there could be problems. They don't have much depth in the line now. Foster/Davis is still a nasty split so I take them accodingly.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk