Rudi Johnson Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rudi Johnson Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:49 pm

Wolverine wrote:Chad Johnson will have more yards and TD's receiving than Rudi will rushing in 2004.

Wow, that's really bold. And unless Rudi gets hurt or Perry gets lots of carries, I don't see it happening. Randy Moss is probably going to be the only WR that will have both more yards and TD's than Rudi will.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:14 pm

Do the Bengal's have some new super secret goalline pass play to Chad Johnson that I haven't heard about?

Damn that sneaky Marvin Lewis...... Rudi just dropped in my rankings
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Wolverine » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:35 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Do the Bengal's have some new super secret goalline pass play to Chad Johnson that I haven't heard about?

Laugh if you must...in my projections, I have Rudi gaining somewhere between 1,150-1,200 yards rushing and about 9 TD's. That's not bad production. At best, he gets another 200 yards receiving since he hasn't defined if that is even really part of his game.

However, Chad Johnson I have paced to get 1,250-1,300 yards receiving this year and another 10-11 TD's. Not so much a reach when you consider the guy had 1,355 yards receiving last year and 10 TD's. Oh yea, he has Carson Palmer back there...drop him right? You mean the guy that will get pulled immediately for Kitna if he starts the season sucking?

I have yet to see any conventional reason and wisdom that would lead me to believe otherwise. I think everyone is just so caught up in their own hype that they don't see potential for downside. Chad Johnson outperforms Rudi Johnson in yards and TD's this year...remember it and be sad if you choose not to heed this warning in Round 2. ;-D
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:43 pm

Do the Bengal's have some new super secret goalline pass play to Chad Johnson that I haven't heard about?

I detect some sarcasm :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hawksfan896 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:00 am

Seahawks fans are not good at detecting sarcasm. Almost 30 years of mediocrity will do that to you. BTW, in continuing with the Mich vs. SEC line, I can't help but think of the greatest football game I've ever witnessed. Michigan vs. 'Bama in the Orange Bowl, Alexander and A-Train's senior years. Game went into 2 or 3 overtimes, both RBs just one-upping each other with TDs. Talk about leaving it all on the field. Game finally ended with the Bama kicker missing an XP (before the rule change where they have to go for 2). I almost felt bad for the kid, losing the game on a gimme with his clean, un-sweat stained uniform, while Alexander just laid on the sidelines, completely exhausted, staring at the sky in disbelief. Man, football's a crazy game. Catch it on Classic Sports if they happen to show it sometime. Great game.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Wolverine » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:23 am

IRON CHEF wrote:

I detect some sarcasm :-b

Actually, this is what happens when you use sarcasm without backing it up. Just for the record:

Chad Johnson
2003 Redzone Targets = 19 (1.2 per game)
2003 Redzone TD's = 6

This ranked him 8th in the league overall in redzone targeting in WR's.

Rudi Johnson
2003 Redzone Targets = 40 (2.9 per game)
2003 Redzone TD's = 8

This ranked him 18th in the league overall in redzone carrying statistics among RB's. This likely would have been about 5 spots higher if he had seen full duty in 16 games.

It is not like Rudi blew Chad out of the water here in the redzone and had twice the number of chances to do it.
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:59 am

hawksfan896 wrote:Seahawks fans are not good at detecting sarcasm. Almost 30 years of mediocrity will do that to you. BTW, in continuing with the Mich vs. SEC line, I can't help but think of the greatest football game I've ever witnessed. Michigan vs. 'Bama in the Orange Bowl, Alexander and A-Train's senior years. Game went into 2 or 3 overtimes, both RBs just one-upping each other with TDs. Talk about leaving it all on the field. Game finally ended with the Bama kicker missing an XP (before the rule change where they have to go for 2). I almost felt bad for the kid, losing the game on a gimme with his clean, un-sweat stained uniform, while Alexander just laid on the sidelines, completely exhausted, staring at the sky in disbelief. Man, football's a crazy game. Catch it on Classic Sports if they happen to show it sometime. Great game.

Yep, I remember that one well. I remember thinking that it would be cool if the Seahawks got Alexander, but at the time, I thought they would end up with Ron Dayne instead.

Oh, and the kicker who lost the game for 'Bama was named Pflugner, I think.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:00 am

It would be un-wise to underestimate Rudi's schedule this year. Here's what it shakes down to based off last year's run defense rankings.

@ NYJ (28th)
Miami (5th)
Baltimore (6th)
@ Pittsburgh (12th)
Bye Week
@ Cleveland (23rd)
Denver (7th)
@ Tennessee (1st)
Dallas (3rd)
@ Washington (26th)
Pittsburgh (12th)
Cleveland (23rd)
@ Baltimore (6th)
@ New England (4th)
Buffalo (8th)
NYG (18th)
@ Philadelphia (22nd)

Based on last year's rankings, Rudi faces a top 10 defense 8 out of 16 weeks in 2004, and Pittsburgh wasn't too shabby at 12th (twice).

I realize these are last year's rankings, but I don't think any of the defenses listed above really got much worse, and some probably will be better like Washington's and Philadelphia's. During the first 8 weeks of the Bengals' schedule, Rudi faces a non-top 12 defense only twice. Then a brutal 3 game stretch at Baltimore, at New England and against Buffalo, right when most fantasy teams are really needing to string some wins together for a playoff push.

His schedule combined with Chris Perry's presence would make me look elsewhere unless there was no other reasonable alternative.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hawksfan896 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:06 am

I think you're right about the kicker. And Michigan's was Hayden Epstein. Talk about great kicker names. I didn't think too much of Alexander one way or the other before that game, but just the way he played I knew he was gonna be a great back. I was stoked when the Hawks drafted him. Just another in a long line of underappreciated backs (Curt Warner, John L. Williams, Chris Warren). Quite a breath of fresh air when they shipped Ricky Watters and declared Shaun the man.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:18 am

hawksfan896 wrote:Quite a breath of fresh air when they shipped Ricky Watters and declared Shaun the man.

Yep, now all we have to concentrate on is keeping him after the season. Many say that it's going to be too hard to re-sign him and that Maurice Morris can carry the load, but I don't buy it.

Anyway, back to Rudi Johnson. Bago, I agree that Rudi's schedule is solid, but Tennessee and Miami at least won't repeat their performances.

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk