Winslow is a done deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Winslow is a done deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:44 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:I got him in the 9th, 8th TE taken.

That's an enormous steal unless we're talking about a TSN mock. Good to see the "soldier" didn't go AWOL very long.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Winslow

Postby Daddymike59 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:49 pm

I would bet that after pre-season, If he stays healthy he would move into the #3 TE spot behind Gonz and Heap (Shockey notwithstanding). He was the 3rd taken in my first Yahoo 10 team standard live draft.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Winslow

Postby aussieboy » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:06 pm

DraftDodger wrote:I've been watching for him in my mock drafts, and haven't had a chance to grab him--there's simply too much excitement about him. He was highly sought after prior to his signing, even when things were getting hairy between him and the team--now he's going to be impossible to draft (in most leagues) at a spot where he's worth taking.

You have an unproven commodity in an untested offense--how high can you get on this guy? At least the Giants had a running game (Barber) and a good receiver (Toomer) when Shockey came to town. So far, the Browns haven't shown us that they have anything.

Sure, if I see Winslow slip in some draft, I'll grab him, but I won't reach for him, and I think any single-digit rounds would be a reach on a rookie player in that offense. I doubt that Garcia is suddenly going to change his style and dump off to the TE all the time.

Sorry, I just don't see this kid putting up the numbers that people are hoping for. Take him, by all means, but take him with a grain of salt--and in a later round.

I think that Cleveland will look stupid to give him all that money and NOT make him a big part of their offense. I can see him being the #2 TE behind TGonz. In saying that Id still take Shockey ahead of him.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:28 pm

whats the big hype with shockey. granted he is better than everyone except the big 3 or 4. but the guy has only scored 4 tds in 2 seasons. yes he has been hurt but doesnt that down grade the guy. if i were to rank them i would go gonzo,heap,winslow, then shockey and i would really consider taking mcMichael is the fins didnt have all those problems.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hawksfan896 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:41 pm

I think the saddest part of the whole holdout thing is ole Kellen Sr.'s stance on it. When I was hearing about the holdout and the agents he hired, the Douchebag Brothers, I was thinking "What the hell is Sr. doing?" Why doesn't he slap some sense into the kid. I mean, after all, this is the guy who had to get carried off the field, not because he was injured, just because he left EVERYTHING on the field every time he stepped onto it. Kellen Sr. epitomized hard work and team spirit as a player. Then, I'm watching Outside the Lines last night and Kellen Sr.'s actually on his punk ass kid and his Gestapo agents' side. He said something to the effect of "he needs to get paid". Ridiculous. Believe me, the football gods will punish K2. I want to throw something through the TV every time I hear about these spoiled brat rookies holding out, demanding to be traded, etc., etc. Especially in the same year Pat Tillman showed the world that there is much more important things to worry about than a silly game. Whatever happened to team loyalty? Is a couple mil on top of a lot of mil really worth the entire country realized you're a complete jackass? Just venting a little. Holdouts make me physically ill.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby GreenBay4Life » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:00 am

Here is the link for video of him speaking out about his signing. the kid acts like he was poor. to bad he is a good player his attitude really stinks. http://msnvideo.msn.com/video/default.aspx?setcp=B&list=Fox%20Sports_Top%20News&menu=Sports&menuItem=NFL%20News&prepend=ed861207-202d-4070-8e5e-c4104685ea4d&undock=false

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hawksfan896 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:14 am

Yeah, poor kid huh? It's a shame that him and Eli, both growing up as NFL kids, seem to have the worst attitudes among the newest class. Sadder still is the way their fathers are acting. And we wonder why fathers over pressure their kids in little leagues. Well, hell Archie and Kellen are doing it. I would like to think they would have more respect for the game than what they're showing.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk