Tomlinson wants 2500 total yards! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tomlinson wants 2500 total yards!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tomlinson wants 2500 total yards!

Postby k68 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:58 am

ESPN's John Clayton reported that Tomlinson feels stronger than ever; been using a new training method w/ a medicine ball to strengthen his moves. He feels 2500 combined yards this year is definetly possible. Considering he IS the offense you gotta like hearing that.
k68
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:34 am

He better demand a trade to Denver then.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bennyboy » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:43 am

34=Sweetness wrote:He better demand a trade to Denver then.

LOL....nice!!
QB: Manning, Grossman
RB: LT, FWP, Henry, Portis, Dayne
WR: DJax, Galloway, Bennett, Cdavis, Jenkins, Jones
TE: Watson, Graham
DEF: Giants, Jags
bennyboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:59 am

they actually did tests on him this offseason and found that his (i believe) hip flexors werent evenly strengthened, meaning he would naturally cut one way more than the other. This summer he evened them out.

I dont know if that means more production from him or not, but if people caught on, that he preferred to go one way rather than the other, then that obviously could help.

I know I posted differently in the Great Debates, but I actually do think SD's line is better this year than it was last year. Sure they lost 8 of their top 10 from last year, but that isnt really a bad thing. McIntosh was one of their better linemen that they lost, but he is out for the year w/ the Dolphins after having foot surgery.

They brought in Mike Goff and Roman Oben, who arent super stars, but at least are experienced and proven. Toniu Fonoti (a beast at 350 lbs) who SD was really down on b/c he missed voluntary camps, actually had a very good reason. He was visiting a weight center, trying to get his weight under control and has looked very good in camp and could end up in the starting lineup. If Jason Ball could get in camp, things wouldnt be looking as bad, but dont forget, SD drafted Nick Hardwick in the 3rd rd who should be able to fill in.

However much we bad mouth that line, which is still one of the worst in the league, I think it actually is better than last year.

You can talk about chemistry in an O-line being the most important, but they didnt have that last year at all. There were so many injuries and new guys coming in that i bet half the time the linemen didnt know the name of the guy starting next to him.

I see a very similar year for LT this year as last year, which means 2500 isnt totally out of the question since he had 2370 last year. But that is one sorry looking team nonetheless
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:03 am

Flux,

Even if the O-line isn't worse, the passing game is. Boston may be a cry-baby and a freak at WR, but he gave the defense another weapon they had to account for. Unless one of SD's current WRs step it up, LT is going to face 8 in the box and 2 spies on him every down.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:05 am

Would that really be any different from last year? He had that all the time against him.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:30 am

maddog, like Sweetness said, thats not a whole lot different than last year. Boston also was basically a no show in a lot of games, was suspended for one, was hurt for one, and played hurt through a few others. Boston only had 2 better than average games. One he had 181 yds and 2 TDs, the other he had 139 yds and 2 TDs. Those were his only 100 yd games of the year, and besides those games, only had 3 TDs. Think about this, take out those 2 games and Boston had 560 yds and 3 TDs over 12 games...

Even though Boston did have the ability to be great in SD, i dont think teams were really putting 2 or 3 guys on him. He looked slow b/c of his weight, and were primarily covering him w/ 1 guy. I dont see how its any different w/ Dyson in there or Caldwell or Dwight. They arent the best players in the world, but you still need to cover them w/ someone. I mean hell, put me out there and i can at least catch the ball and fall down. I expect these guys can do the same
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Franchise Fan » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:45 am

Was this what LT2 said or Clayton, because Clayton is full of it.. Just yesterday he said Winslow was going to hold out into the season, and that Rivers would sign before Winslow.... Some reporter..
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:05 pm

yeah i agree Franchise.. Clayton completely blew the Winslow situation. I saw that same segment. Goes from holding out early into the season as Clayton put it to in reality signing last night. I do find his insight very intruiging...but he definitely blew this one on Winslow.

As the owner of LT in a keeper league now, I am excited to hear this news! But that may be a pretty lofty goal. But good luck trying for it.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:16 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:As the owner of LT in a keeper league now, I am excited to hear this news! But that may be a pretty lofty goal. But good luck trying for it.

130 more yards of production from last year is lofty?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Football Talk