Tomlinson wants 2500 total yards! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tomlinson wants 2500 total yards!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CKY_ROX » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:28 pm

i think that he could pull it off, its not that mucnh more than last season. i love this guy and think that he will do it

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:47 pm

I think this is definitely within reason for LT. There were a few games last season where he only got a some amount of carries per game (13, 10, 8) and several more where he got about 16-19 carries. If really starts to get the ball 25-30 times a game, 2500 yards is nothing.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby marvin88 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:56 pm

if i had LT2 in a keeper i'd be looking to deal him. he's got number 1 overall value for keeper/dynasty and i think he will have a huge year, but for the right price i'd move him in a sec. if LT2 gets 2500yds this year he's gonna take an awful beating. he'll be lucky to stay healthy 'cause defenses have no one else to worry about, sure they have to keep a man on dwight and caldwell or parker or whoever, but every chance they get their gonna put a huge hit on LT2. ride him to a couple early wins and after he has a huge game, which he's bound to have a few since he's just too talented, then trade him.
marvin88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: wishing i could change my name to canadian colthead.

Postby Jownzin » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:35 pm

Flux wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:As the owner of LT in a keeper league now, I am excited to hear this news! But that may be a pretty lofty goal. But good luck trying for it.

130 more yards of production from last year is lofty?

ahahaha
Jownzin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby maddog60 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:39 pm

Flux wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:As the owner of LT in a keeper league now, I am excited to hear this news! But that may be a pretty lofty goal. But good luck trying for it.

130 more yards of production from last year is lofty?

Its not without of his reach, but he did have a year which should have:

a) Given him an automatic Pro Bowl selection
b) Given him honors as offensive MVP.

Sorry to Jamal Lewis fans but I dont really care how a RB gets yards, when he's handed the ball or passed it on a screen. LT got more total yards than Jamal, and I just don't see how the fact that most of his came from handing off the ball makes his performance last year any better than LT's.

So my point is, given how incredible LT's year was last year, it is kinda lofty of him to want to improve upon it. However, I happen to think he'd "Record Breaker" tatooed on his forehead if he had a semi-decent team surrounding him, so he very well could acheive it, just at some point I think he's going to come down a bit.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:48 pm

I think he can pick up another 75 rushing and 55 receiving, its definately within reach.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:09 pm

LT2 could definatly get this
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:26 pm

Heh ya, its not too much bigger. Its scary to think what he may get in a place like Denver. But Im not sure if hes going to get the same amount of receptions this year, because of the QB suckage. Of course there should be a lot of dumpoff passes to LT, so Im not sure.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:39 pm

yes everyone i do think it's lofty. 2500 yds is a hell of a lot, and i didn't think 2300 would really be reachable for him either. But since he did and was healthy why not.

I just wouldn't bank on it.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:39 pm

I agree on the Oline situation Flux, they should be improved. Parker, Caldwell and Dwight all missed time due to injury last year and all are now healthy and Gates seems cemented in as the starting TE. Let's not forget that Rivers is still a holdout which means he isn't getting the keys to the car any time soon. I would suspect that Brees will get the nod over the recently surgically repaired Flutie and he may actually show something on the way out the door. I look for the Chargers O to not be as bad as many think it will be this year thus making LT2's claim to 2500 yards well within his reach. His biggest obstacle will be Marty.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk