Tomlinson CONTRACT STATUS? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tomlinson CONTRACT STATUS?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:14 pm

LT is the man, not demanding trade or FA like Terrell Owens, and hes going to try what he can to take the Chargers to the Super Bowl. Its too bad he can't, because everything else about that Charger team blows. I think along with the Super Bowl, they should also play a game called the Stupid Bowl where the team with the worst record from the AFC plays the team with the worst record from the NFC. Id watch that over the friggin pro bowl. Just imagine, San Diego vs Arizona for Stupid Bowl I :-b . Instead of the Vince Lombardi trophy they could give out the Dave Wannstedt trophy :-D .
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cardiac cats » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:37 pm

LT should sign a 8 year 60 million dollar contract by friday( or so says mort).... with at least 21 million guranteed dollars up front
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aussieboy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:13 pm

Man I would love for LT2 to change teams, he deserves to win trophies and break all sorts of records. The fact that hes staying in SD makes me like him even more. The guy has loyalty. What a classy superstar.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:36 pm

According to Mortenson on ESPN, it's just as fat of a contract as they say it is. He's signed sealed and delivered in SD for a good, long while.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboysguy2000 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:43 pm

Considering I have LT2 as a keeper in my money league, I'd be very happy to see him go somewhere with a decent o-line. However, like a few of you guys mentioned earlier, as a fan of the NFL it's nice seeing a superstar like LT2, a guy that could very well break every rushing record, and could possibly go down as the best RB to ever play the game, stay so commited and loyal to his team.

When you look at recent happenings in the NFL such as Rickey abandoning his team so he can smoke pot, TO demanding to be traded, and numerous other hold outs, this is such a breath of freash air.

I sincearly hope that the chargers get their act together and get LT2 the supporting cast he deserves.

I think LT2 is now my favorite, active, player in the NFL.

Of course, we don't know what went on behind closed doors, mabey LT2 told them he'd make a huge scean and hold out for a trade of some sort if they didn't give him a missive contract soon. But I'd bet it didn't go down quite like that.

Hey, look who that is!
l
l
V
Cowboysguy2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:43 am

MadScott wrote:According to Mortenson on ESPN, it's just as fat of a contract as they say it is. He's signed sealed and delivered in SD for a good, long while.

I saw that report too, its apparently a done deal, LT2 gets the biggest RB contract in the game and I believe something like 21 million is guaranteed. They needed to do it, have to keep their foundation.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:48 am

Now lets see if they can build a Oline around him that doesn't suck.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ejwild » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:24 am

This organization is still hedging itself...

They should have drafted Gallery or Fitz. Now they still have a brutal O line and are years away from Rivers possibly making a difference anyway.

I like Schottenheimer, but he;ll probably get the boot after this year and he's the one that pushed for Rivers....Upper mgmt is made up of buffoons and lackeys...

Hmmmm....lets blow our salary cap on guys like Tim Dwight and Stephen Alexander....then draft a ROOKIE QB instead of drafting the best O lineman to come out in years...

IDIOTA's (as they say in SD) :-t
It's a great day to play Football.
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ejwild » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:25 am

This organization is still hedging itself...

They should have drafted Gallery or Fitz. Now they still have a brutal O line and are years away from Rivers possibly making a difference anyway.

I like Schottenheimer, but he;ll probably get the boot after this year and he's the one that pushed for Rivers....Upper mgmt is made up of buffoons and lackeys...

Hmmmm....lets blow our salary cap on guys like Tim Dwight and Stephen Alexander....then draft a ROOKIE QB instead of drafting the best O lineman to come out in years...

IDIOTA's (as they say in SD) :-t
It's a great day to play Football.
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk