Cowboys Fans. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cowboys Fans.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cowboys Fans.

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:50 am

What are your 'Boys gonna do with #22.I just read an article here about the Cowboys options on what to do with Emmitt.It sounds like he may get cut as early as this week,seeing as how Parcells is ready to get started with meetings & doesn't want guys there that won't be around this fall.What will they do???
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indy Dragons » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:41 am

Can Cowboys Haters respond to this? You might get more response!
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JayM09 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:37 am

i am thinking that he is gone, and besides everything that i have heard, is that emmitt will not be back.

michael irvin was on the best damn show period and said that emmitt wont be back as well, and everyone knows how close those guys are.

we will just have to wait and see i guess, but like i said, i feel he wont be back.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dem' Cowboys » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:55 am

I have been a Cowboys fan since I can remeber. In that time, I've seen alot good times and alot of bad. I thought when "Jerra" bought the team, my Boys were gonna be solid for years. Then he did the unthinkable, fired Mr. Laundry. I wasn't pissed that he did it, cuz they needed a change. It was the matter in which that piece of crap did it. I didn't think he could do much to top that, until his punkass ego got in the way of perhaps a dynasty and he fired Jimmy. Now this???? As long as my boys are run by that hillbilly idiot, everyday will be a challange to keep being a fan. However, if he gets rid of Emmitt, one of the greatest class acts in ALL of football, not to mention he holds a couple of cool records!!! That will be the the straw that did it. So, I'd like to say "he ain't going NOWHERE" but with the A-Hole in charge, I'm afraid Emmitt's days in big D are over.
Dem' Cowboys
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby HubbaBubba » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:06 am

Saw on Dallas news last night, an interview with JJ. he and Emmitt had a long meeting on Tuesday. JJ said he would not discuss any particulars, just went on and on about what's best for the franchise. Finally said the decision would be made by next Tuesday. I really don't think he'll be with the Cowboys next season. there is a good story on this at NFL.com
HubbaBubba
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby DUKE » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:09 am

Not happy w/ your owner? I can't imagine that :-)

Unfortunately, the way the league is structured, you see some sacreligious cuts and partings of ways. Imagine how San Fran fans feel about Montana and Rice not ending their careers with the 49ers. From what I saw last year, Hambrick didn't look like he was much better of an option to me.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby thelongestyard » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:53 am

DUKE wrote:From what I saw last year, Hambrick didn't look like he was much better of an option to me.

Personally, til Hambrick shows us something, I would take Emmitt in a wheelchair, before I would place the fulltime RB duties on Hambrick's shoulders. Can not stand the Cowboys, but will give Emmitt his due.
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:56 am

I think he's done at Dallas. I also think its more to do with his salary cap than his age or performance. All good things come to an end :,-(
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kashikis » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:57 pm

ok then to start up a new question here. if emmitt leaves dallas who do you think will sign him if anyone? personally there are a bunch of teams that should give him a shot but i wanna see your opinions?
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:25 pm

hehe come over to the good side dem cowboys... we LOVE our owner! :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk