Madden Sliders - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Sliders

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:13 pm

I used my Redskins franchise in their second year so they are a bit better than this years Skins. I used 5 minute quarters non accelerated because I forgot to change it. Realistically I should win this game. The Skins are a 93 overall while the Raiders are a 84.

Score: Redskins 37 - Raiders 14

Redskins:
Ramsey: 15-31 for 182 yards and 2 TDs to Coles. I'm still having problems throwing anything longer than 10-15 yards. Everything gets batted away. Surprisingly nothing was picked off.

Portis: 21 carries for 106 yards and 1 TD(5.0 ypc)
Betts: 5 carries for 29 yards and 1 TD (5.7 ypc)
I like how Betts came in to spell portis more than usual.

Defense: 4 sacks, 3 ints, and one fumble recovery. Some of this was in garbage time.

Raiders:
Collins: 22 of 38 for 294 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs. Again, alot of this was after the outcome was pretty much decided and included a 75 pass to Zack Crockett where he broke like 4 tackles and somehow outran Sean Taylor to the endzone. :-? In fact 8 total passes were thrown to runningbacks in this game, not something I see alot from the CPU.

Fargas: 7 carries for 19 yards (2.7 ypc)
Crockett: 2 carries for -3 yards (-1.5 ypc)
Neither of these guys are very good, but still the CPU got nothing started and abandoned the run quickly.

Defense: They sacked me once.

Soon I will play with more even teams which should make a difference. Hopefully someday the CPU will be able to run.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:00 pm

Yea, I'm allowing like 30 rushing yards per game. A lot of the time the computer isn't doing bad at all, they just give up on the rushing game after like the first quarter. In my second game with these sliders, Portis rushed for 328 yards and 3 TDs, but that's skewed since the TD runs were for 80, 76, and 68 yards each. Other than that I was averaging about 5.2 yards per carry.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Slingblade » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:55 pm

I used the sliders with my Titans in franchise mode. Played vs. Chiefs with 10min Accel. clock.

Score: Titans 37 Chiefs 27
(not as close as score suggests, they had one of those 2min drills at final part of game where every pass is completed no matter what. Bullshit IMO)

Titans:
McNair: 15-28 for 295 yards and 3 TDs. 2 to Schifino and 1 to Mason. Got lucky and scored 2 long ones(70+) with Schifino. One of my best passing games yet. Chiefs Defense....lmao.

Brown: 22 Carries for 94 yards and a TD(4.2 ypc)
Smith: 4 Carries for 20 yards and a TD(5.0 ypc)

Defense: 3 Sacks

Chiefs:
Green: 27 of 37 for 235 yards and 2 TDs. I killed him pretty much except that damn final drive when he completed everything.

Holmes: 20 Carries for 127 yards and a TD(6.3 ypc)Gave me a new asshole. He was spinning juking and breaking tackles liek no other.

Defense: 2 Sacks

Should have a worthy opponent next time.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flockers » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:28 pm

I know this is the Madden Sliders, but does anyone know where to get some ESPN silders at?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Slingblade » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:33 pm

i figured out how to pass it long finally...if you will hold up on the left analog stick it will lead the receiverand go over the head of the CB in pursuit..works great...give it a try when you have a one one one situation
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tiki » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:11 pm

Wtf are sliders :-]
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:22 pm

Slingblade wrote:i figured out how to pass it long finally...if you will hold up on the left analog stick it will lead the receiverand go over the head of the CB in pursuit..works great...give it a try when you have a one one one situation

is that when the ball is in the air or before you throw it
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Manja » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:54 pm

Before. That's why when you're rolling out, you might over throw the receiver that's running across the field.

Anyhow... First game with the sliders... much closer than any of my other games... The computer actually scored more than a field goal and got more than 100 yards total (and had positive rushing... :-? )

Anyhow.. Playing as the Cowboys against the Vikings in Franchise... It was rather close until the bitter end, when I burned them for 28 points in the closing minutes (Also have Ben Roethlisbergr as my QB)...

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
0---14---7---28--49 Cowboys
7---7----7----3---24 Vikings

Cowboys:
Roethlisbergr: 15-23 (65.2%) for 214 yards and 3 scores

George: 7 carries for 148 yards (21.1 YPC) and 2 scores (long of 65)
Jones: 7 carries for 31 yards (4.4 YPC) and 1 score (long of 14)

Defense: 3 sacks and 2 picks

Vikings:
Culpepper: 21 of 40 (52.5%) for 264 yards, 2 scores and 2 picks

Williams: 25 carries for 52 yards (2.1 YPC) and 1 score (long of 8)
Culpepper: 7 carries for 37 yards (5.3 YPC) and no scores (long of 12)

Defense: 1 sack

They actually gave me a run for my money, and rushed the ball a good amount of times because they kept it close.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Slingblade » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:03 pm

atvjerryrice80 wrote:
Slingblade wrote:i figured out how to pass it long finally...if you will hold up on the left analog stick it will lead the receiverand go over the head of the CB in pursuit..works great...give it a try when you have a one one one situation

before...just hold forward before you throw it...also you can lead them left and right by shifting the left stick...helps alot
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tiki » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:31 pm

Slingblade wrote:
atvjerryrice80 wrote:

before...just hold forward before you throw it...also you can lead them left and right by shifting the left stick...helps alot
OOOH man that;s gunna help me unleash of can of whoop ass on my firends, I dont really liek running I like throwingit long and it didn't really work out, but this will be fun!! So if they are running a cross route do u push it left.right to lead him there?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games