Fantasy Football Ethics Question? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Ethics Question?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Football Ethics Question?

Postby BGbootha » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:33 pm

I have draft next friday night that has been set up for a while. Unfortunately no quite as long as my girlfriends best friends wedding.

My girlfriend is the matron of honor so i have some dumb rehearsel dinner to go to on friday night. (the same time as my draft)

It is not a money league. But just a work league with some friends from work. But we take it pretty seriously. Anyway, i brought up the idea of having someone else do the draft for me. (was actually debating putting a classified here to see if anyone could do it.) I have pre-ranked my yahoo standings. But i can never get the right order and Yahoo's AI always ends up picking some wierd picks. But one of the guys here at work is pitching a fit about someone else doing the draft in my place. Says its not really me. I explained that i would give the person drafting my cheetsheet to work off of. But he still cliamed i was cheating. I posted a comment on the league board asking for a league vote. but personally i dont' see a problem with it.

Am I the one in the wrong here????

Make a long post short......Is unethical to have someone else draft for you since you legitimatly can't make the draft time?

thanks for any suggestions.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

ff ethics

Postby Snatch1414 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:39 pm

There's nothing wrong with it especially if you use a cheat sheet for the person to work off of. It shouldn't even really be an issue considering it's not a money league.
Snatch1414
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dans » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:40 pm

It's your team, do what you want. Nothing wrong with giving someone your draft order, just like there's nothing wrong with asking cafe members for trade/drafting advice. As long as the other guy isn't in your league, I don't see a problem.
Dans
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:01 pm

Warpigs had a similar problem. Ask him.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Rodge » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:03 pm

Why do you have to go to the rehearsal - it's not like you are in the wedding. Skip the rehearsal, go to the draft and then go to the wedding the next day.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BGbootha » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:09 pm

Rodge wrote:Why do you have to go to the rehearsal - it's not like you are in the wedding. Skip the rehearsal, go to the draft and then go to the wedding the next day.

I take it your not married or in a long term relationship. to put it simply...........my life would become more of a hell than it is.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby massraider » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:11 pm

I think that dude from work needs to get himself a girlfriend, and chill out.

it's not a money league and he's crying? Talk about being chronically competitive. What an a$$....
massraider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Rodge » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:15 pm

Actually, yes I am married. My wife knows that Fantasy Football is a passion in life that I have and she wouldn't dare try to make me miss my annual Fantasy Football draft, perhaps the best day of the year. Just as I have hobbies and interests in life, so does my wife and I do my utmost to accomodate her if there are conflicts in the timing of events. The whole point of a relationship is for both people to be happy, not for one person to be in hell.
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BGbootha » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:27 pm

Rodge wrote:Actually, yes I am married. My wife knows that Fantasy Football is a passion in life that I have and she wouldn't dare try to make me miss my annual Fantasy Football draft, perhaps the best day of the year. Just as I have hobbies and interests in life, so does my wife and I do my utmost to accomodate her if there are conflicts in the timing of events. The whole point of a relationship is for both people to be happy, not for one person to be in hell.

For give me I was being a little sarcastic. In all honesty i know that this is something that is very important to her and she has asked me to be there. I have my money league draft another day. IF it were that draft it would be a little different.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rodge » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:39 pm

bgbootha wrote:For give me I was being a little sarcastic. In all honesty i know that this is something that is very important to her and she has asked me to be there. I have my money league draft another day. IF it were that draft it would be a little different.

No man, it's cool. I wasn't trying to offend you, I was just suggesting skipping the dinner as a possible option. Do whatever makes you happy, and yes, usually when my wife is happy, I am happy. I don't think that it would necessarily be unethical to have someone else draft for you, but I can see how others might get mad. The people that you draft with might not just be looking forward to drafting a fantasy football team, but might also have been looking forward to the camaraderie and spending a Friday evening with friends. They may now look at it like they are missing a friend and spending an evening and drafting with an outsider. Maybe that is not the case at all, but maybe it is.
Last edited by Rodge on Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk