Fantasy Football Ethics Question? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Ethics Question?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:45 pm

Yeah, the first thing I would do is drop a hint to your wife about the fantasy football draft. See if there's any way you can skip the rehearsal. If not, then don't sweat it.

Make the best cheat sheet you can, give it to a trusted friend, and tell your co-worker to get the stick out of his ass.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:55 pm

This guy that's complaining sounds like a putz and is perhaps worried because he is a crappy fantasy player with low self esteem.See if they can wait til perhaps after your engagement,or another day.If not,ask what everyone else thinks.If they agree,kick this whiners ass in the alley out back and tell him to shut the hell up and play...it's for FREE!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:39 pm

that guy is a pussy. who cares what one guy says. now if the league doesnt like it you have a problem. I have seem some pretty nice teams drafted by yahoo. if not, just lie to your league and say you are skipping your rehearsal, and get someone to pretend to be you. sure it is unethical, but its not like its a money league or anything.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JerseyBearsGuy » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:01 pm

Tell that dude at work to chill. I had this situation last year. I guy call up an hour before the draft and said that he could not make it. We had a friend fill in a draft his team. Its his problem if something got messed up but, the only other thing to do was cancel the draft!! HA!!!!
That was not happening, so we proceeded. Tell this guy at your job if you cant get someone to fill in for you that you want to postpose or cancel the draft, then see what he says. ;-D
A. Luck, M. Vick
A. Morris, S. Ridley, D. Williams, L. Miller, W. Mcgahee
B. Marshall, Julio Jones, S. Smith, S. Johnson, E. Royal, M. Brown
J. Thomas, G. Olsen
D. Bailey
Minnesota
JerseyBearsGuy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Response Team
(Past Year: 173)

Postby MadScott » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:25 pm

Whoever accused you of cheating is off of their rocker. I'm in a very similar situation in my money league and what I've worked out with them is to call in via cellphone, have someone update me on the draft board and then make my pick. The league owners seem cool with it but one of our guys is also in Honduras and has been absentee for the last 2 seasons so my problem is less than his in their eyes. Bottom line is that guy is a punk for calling you a cheat.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:56 pm

I for the life of me cant understand why this guy would think that is unethical except for one possibility....

Maybe he thinks (or maybe this IS the case though i didnt get this impression from your post) that the person doing your draft for you is also in the league? In that case i could see a potential problem but someone that isnt in the league at all? Frankly, it is none of his damn business who drafts your team for you in my opinion.

INKcogKNEEdough
"THERE WAS SHRINKAGE!!!!!" - George costanza
INKcogKNEEdough
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonherdfan » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:40 pm

bgbootha wrote:
Rodge wrote:Why do you have to go to the rehearsal - it's not like you are in the wedding. Skip the rehearsal, go to the draft and then go to the wedding the next day.

I take it your not married or in a long term relationship. to put it simply...........my life would become more of a hell than it is.

Thisd is a rehersal dinner. I have been to several and they are for the participants in the wedding not for people just attending the wedding. If you are not doing anything but attending there is no reason for you to attend the rehesal dinner. do your draft and let your wife be mad.

Example my wife was a brides maid for a friends wedding about a year ago. I went to a bar with some friends that nite because my wife said what I typed above when I asked if she wanted me to go!!!!!!
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby xbird » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:26 pm

The guy who is whining is an idiot. Go to the rehersal dinner,
enjoy the food and booze. Your wife will be happy, and you
can tell her not to screw up anymore NFL activities. Have a great
season, you have done your "domestic" thing for the year.
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Rodge » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:03 am

Hey bgbootha, since your girlfriend has turned into your wife during the course of the responses to your post, maybe she'll be your wife someday, huh?
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Franchise Fan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:38 am

Its not unethical at all, even if you get someone to draft for you with their own cheatsheet. Its your team, why should anyone else care. If you want to hire Brandon Funston to draft your fantasy team(not the best choice, just an example) do it. If its your team, its your choice how to draft.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk