Best software to use for league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best software to use for league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best software to use for league

Postby JoneserMT » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:02 pm

I have never actually been the commisioner of a league, so there fore I have never had to buy the software to run one. I am looking for recommendations on what you all like. Let me know what you think
JoneserMT
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby indecisiv » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:33 pm

ive never heard of using software to run a fantasy football league...oo wait, yea you might need the internet. So try Internet Explorer. ;) j/k

You shouldn't need any software to run a fantasy football league. You can create a league at yahoo for free and they should have everything you need.
indecisiv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JoneserMT » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:58 pm

I guess I am asking what is the best place to host a site, I am looking at fanstar, but wanted to hear what everyone else thought.
JoneserMT
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Ghost_ffc » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:23 pm

You could try fanball commissior or Myfantasyleague or Expertleagues or stats world(deck top) or rtsports. The price is about all the same for the above 60 to 70 dollars.

CBS Sportline is about 150 dollars and I have heard a lot of bad thing about them.

Also ESPN runs leagues also but I have never played there so I can't say if they are any good

I would rank them in this order and I have used all of them

Fanball
Myfantasyleague
Expertsleague
rtsports
stats world (deck top only)

Hope this helps
Ghost_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:48 pm

yahoo runs a free live internet draft league. its the best deal anywhere. nothing to download just plug ur scoring system and set a draft date and and time. get ur league members to join yahoo and your all set. check the classifieds in the cafe to see if one is free and availible. test it out and see if you like.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby allmotorjunkie » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:56 pm

I agree with the dude above. Yahoo is free and whats is better then free....

I am the commish of my 10 team league. We had a live draft here at my house. I created a large 4ftx3ft draft board where teams can write in there picks and then they would walk over to the PC and enter it into yahoo.

It was fun and everyone here said it ran very smoothly.

Good luck with your league....
allmotorjunkie
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hawksfan896 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:08 am

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I wholeheartedly agree with above posts. Yahoo is absolutely fantastic. No pay site will offer more than yahoo, I promise you that. I'm commissioner of my league, and we've bounced around different sites the last few years, but we settled on yahoo, not only because it's free, but because it's best. It gives you a lot of freedom as commish too. Don't do yahoo plus (pay league) though, you don't get many extras. Just a draft kit (that no one used) and free stat tracker (which sucks dog balls). It's a little slow updating live, so I usually just log on to NFL.com and track scores live, reminds me of the old days when we did our leagues without computers. Man, looking back that would suck hard. Kind of like not having ATM machines I guess. You don't realize how nice they are before they're invented. (just think about it for a second, you'll get it)
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:28 am

hawksfan896 wrote:Hate to beat a dead horse, but I wholeheartedly agree with above posts. Yahoo is absolutely fantastic. No pay site will offer more than yahoo, I promise you that. I'm commissioner of my league, and we've bounced around different sites the last few years, but we settled on yahoo, not only because it's free, but because it's best. It gives you a lot of freedom as commish too.

Actuallu you get A TON MORE on pay sites. I have used Fanball and am using expert leagues.com this season for my 16 team dynasty league. Here are just SOME of the thing Yahoo doesnt offer:

1. Keeper/Dynasty league capability
2. COntract or Salary Cap capability
3. Blind Bidding for FAs
4. Lge setup for more than one division
5. Team analysis, such as Power rankings
6. Ability to draft coaches
7. Ability to draft punters
8. Nicer league message boards
9. TIMELY customer support(with most)
10. More options overall

Thats a top 10 Laundry List of why Yahoo is fine for cheapies who like few options and little flexibility. Yahoo was fine for the first season and then when I realized what else was out there, there was no choice but to leave Yahoo....Yahoo is for rookies and cheap people....My league on Fanball last year was $5 a person....if one cant afford $5 to have a cooler league then why be playing in the first place...go out and make some money lol ;-D
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby enderwiggin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:32 am

draft coaches? why do that?
aka Bloody Nipples for baseball
enderwiggin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: the above isnt from a challenge; i'm just embarrassed.

Postby GreenBay4Life » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:35 am

i used fanball lasts yr bc yahoo was all booked up. what a disaster that was. i would never use them again nor would i ever let my friends or friends friends use them. in fact i would love for them to go out of buisness bc they suck. one problem i had off the bat was the draft. people kept getting kicked out. i dont think we were able to make one pick. i had to use AIM chat in order to do my draft. then i contacted the help line and they wouldnt refund my draft money. plus they barely answered back any of my questions. the message board sucked the trading system did not allow vetos. the commish had to manuel do it. using yahoo doesnt mean your cheap or a rookie. its just a easy system that makes sense to alot of people. sorry we are not all so league savy as you.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk