What?!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What?!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

What?!?!

Postby slowkidz » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:43 pm

"When pressed Tuesday, Cleveland Browns coach Butch Davis would not name either Tim Couch or Kelly Holcomb his starting quarterback for next season. However, Davis did say that he plans on keeping both players in the mix.

Couch was solid for the Browns last season, with a 76.8 rating in 14 games. However, when Couch was hurt, Holcomb filled in with some terrific performances, including a 429-yard passing effort in a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. In limited action Holcomb had a passing rating of 92.9.

Couch has had a rocky relationship at times with the fans, who may feel he has not lived up to the expectations for a No. 1 overall pick in the draft (1999).

"You can't play favorites,'' Davis continued. "It comes down to who executes the best, who has the best command of the offense and who can get the ball in the end zone."

alright...im sorry...but saying that Couch has had a rocky relationship at times with the fans must be the understatement of the month!!!! i don't think he has ever lived up to his expectations! Holcomb has outshined him this year and i think its time for Davis to wake up and smell the roadkill!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:55 pm

haha!!!.....you have to deal with Couch!!!!!....watch I can see it now...they trade Kelly and he'll go to the Pro Bowl and playoffs...while "back at the ranch"...Couch will go 8-8 and miss the playoffs...with the look on his face of Nancy Kerrigan and asking everyone....(like she did)..."why me?!?!"...lol!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:02 pm

LMAO... "back on the ranch" :-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby zombiez » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:08 pm

six one half dozen to me
both average QB's.....and they both play in Clevland...lol...
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:11 pm

Zombiez wrote:six one half dozen to me
both average QB's.....

I agree.
Not exactly a QB "crisis" in Cleveland.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:18 pm

LOL @ Slowpoke :-)

The coach has to play politics for the media, thats all this is.... well maybe ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Football Talk