Which WR will have a bounce-back year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which WR will have a bounce-back year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which WR will have a bounce-back year?

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:56 am

Marty Booker (Chi)

Donald Driver (GB)

David Boston (Mia)

Curtis Conway (SF)

All these guys were studs in 2002/2003 -- top fifteen fantasy WRs anyway. All four of them stunk it up last season: Conway most spectatcularly; Boston most laughably; Booker had his moments but had LONG dry spells; and Driver had an injury with which to contend.

Just a year ago many of us had high expectations for these chumps -- who will bounce back in 2004/2005?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:02 am

Well, first off -- David Boston is going to miss the season due to a knee injury from last Friday. Therefore, he won't have much of a comeback season. :-t :~(

Conway is supposedly buried on the Niners' depth chart. Expect them to go young and toy around with different scenarios. Overall, they know they're not in contention for a Super Bowl berth, so they'll give their young receivers as much playing time to gain experience for next season.

Driver could bounce back, but I still think that Javon Walker has the skills, potential and speed to be an elite WR. I think he'll continue to emerge as Favre's go-to receiver and Driver will have to battle Ferguson for the rest of Favre's offerings.

This leaves Booker as my main option out of your list to have a bounceback year. Thomas Jones should be a decent option on the ground, and will take some pressure off Grossman and the Bears passing game. As Grossman matures under center, Booker will reap the benefits. I think he'll increase in value as the season progresses.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby moose_ffc » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:04 am

Eric Moulds (Buf) - He was retched last year. But that is his motif. He sucks on odd years and is good on even years (ala 2004)
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:05 am

Marty Booker in a landslide. He caught 197 passes in two seasons, then suffered through injuries and inept QB play for 2003.

I was semi-big on Driver a few weeks ago, but I'm not so sure now. He'd be #2 on my list.

Boston is out for the season, so I can be pretty sure in saying it's not him.

:-b

I thought about Curtis Conway for about 5 minutes when he signed with SFO, then I remembered he was inducted into the mason's hall of fame with those stone hands of his.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:07 am

Rod Smith will reemerge as a top 20 WR.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:10 am

Oh yeah -- what about Wayne Chrbet?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Franchise Fan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:14 am

Of the guys listed, Book will have the best year. But Boston could finish top 5..(oh thats right hes injured :-b ) Look for stallworth to have a good year out of the guys not listed. Peerless Price too.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan04 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:24 am

None of those guys will bounce back. If i had to chose one it would be Booker, but don't expect anything great from him. Rod Smith is gonna have a good season, and so is Peerless Price.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Warpigs » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:28 am

There are a number of WRs not already on the list that I have my eye on. One not already mentioned is Plaxico Burress. He's too big of a red zone target (and too athletic) not to bounce back if the Steelers can get more consistency from their QB situation.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby SunnydaleSpike » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:32 am

Tim Brown.

8-o kidding I'm only kidding!!!
Neil Young haunts my nightmares.
SunnydaleSpike
Special Teams Staff