Which WR will have a bounce-back year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which WR will have a bounce-back year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moose_ffc » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:39 am

Warpigs wrote:There are a number of WRs not already on the list that I have my eye on. One not already mentioned is Plaxico Burress. He's too big of a red zone target (and too athletic) not to bounce back if the Steelers can get more consistency from their QB situation.

I think plax is a good one too. He is a bit of a head case, but I think he will pull it togther for a rebound this year (for a big contract).
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:40 am

Warpigs wrote:There are a number of WRs not already on the list that I have my eye on. One not already mentioned is Plaxico Burress. He's too big of a red zone target (and too athletic) not to bounce back if the Steelers can get more consistency from their QB situation.

Yea, I like Burress and Moulds to be the big bounceback guys, with K-Rob probably have a nice season as well.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rodge » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:22 am

I really like Rod Smith to have a bounce back season. Smith only had 874 yards and 3 td's last year. However, Shannon Sharpe has retired, Clinton Portis is in Washington and Ed McCaffrey retired (not that his 19 catches were a factor though). You gotta think that Plummer will have a decent season if he stays healthy. 20+ td passes???? Who is he going to throw to? Who knows if Ashley Lelie will have the breakthrough season many think he is capable of. Darius Watts is a rookie and is simply just not going to put up huge numbers. Rod Smith has to be the one wide receiver in Denver that is going to replace most of those 8 td's that Sharpe had last year.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Navyseal » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:13 pm

I like Plaxico this season as well... I just hope he doesn't get off to another fast start and then watch Pittsburgh abandon the vertical game again. Allegedly, he is in the best shape of his career and yes, he is playing for moolah. I think the new rules regarding contact are also going to play into his favor... that's what he bitched about all last year. Plax, you seem to have gotten your wish... now let's see 1200 and 9 outta ya this year, dammit !

12 team, H2H, hyper-performance, keeper (5)

Start 9: QB, 1/2RB, 2/3/4WR, 1/2TE, K, D/ST

Keepers: Deuce, Rudi, CJ, Plax, Foster
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:22 pm

Booker is my pick.

I seem to grab this guy in the 8th or 9th round in every freaking draft. Pretty incredible for a guy that averages 100 catches when healthy. I predict Booker makes a run at the top10 this season, falling just short of paydirt. Easily one of the best WR values in the draft this year.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MadScott » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:35 pm

Booker is the choice here. In the type of offense that they are trying to run and with Grossman now firmly entrenched as the starter, I expect him to round back into form.

Conway is actually rapidly climbing the 49ers depth chart with a nice camp so far. Don't be surprised if he's not the #2 guy when the season starts. Currently his #3 with a bullet.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ToTheMax2005 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:00 pm

What do you think of my receivers, I drafted Toomer, K-Rob, Porter, and Horn. The first 3 had down years last season, how do you think they will do this year.
ToTheMax2005
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:23 pm

ToTheMax2005 wrote:What do you think of my receivers, I drafted Toomer, K-Rob, Porter, and Horn. The first 3 had down years last season, how do you think they will do this year.

Toomer--The entire Giants O was a downer last year. Can't get worse, can it? Could be top 15.

K-Rob--All of the potential in the world if he gets over dropsies can be #1 in a high powered offense. Top 10 material.

Porter--Should be healthy and benefit from Gannon being back and a new regime. Could be surprise top 15.

Horn--Starting to slip but still could put up another year of big #s. Potential top 10.

All guys I would be happy with.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:59 pm

i like rod smith;s chances of bouncing back
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk