Kevin Jones Updates - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones Updates

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Jones Updates

Postby Flux » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:21 am

Aug 9 Despite some soreness in his hamstrings, as well as a bruised leg, Jones has been practicing with the Lions on a daily basis. However, as a precautionary measure, the rookie running back's involvement has been limited to avoid making the ailment any worse. The team expects him to be ready for the start of the regular season.

Advice: Jones, who was the 30th overall pick in this year's draft, is slated to open the season as the Lions' starting running back. Artose Pinner, Shawn Bryson and Olandis Gary are battling for backup jobs.

Aug 9 Jerry Green, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions rookie RB Kevin Jones (leg bruise, hamstring) was held out of the team's public practice session Saturday, Aug. 7, due to a contusion on his leg. Mark Synder, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Jones also has hamstring issues, which have kept him off the practice field. He was able to participate in some drills Sunday, Aug. 8.

Sore hamstrings occur often w/ rookies, but never a good thing when you are fighting for the starting spot and your backups get all the carries.

August 11, 2004 6:26 PM ET
Lions: Jones could play in opener

The News
Despite a hamstring injury that has prevented running back Kevin Jones from practicing at full speed, the rookie has not yet been ruled out for the Lions' preseason opener on Saturday against Pittsburgh, according to the Detroit News.

Our View
We're anxious to see Jones play, but we also assume he'll need a couple full-speed workouts under his belt before the team throws him into his first professional action.

doesnt seem like its certain he will play, bad news if he doesnt

from: http://www.detroitlions.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=345902

Mariucci wrote:On whether RB Kevin Jones has been ruled out for Saturday’s game: “I wanted him to practice more then he has in order to play and play well. We are going to finalize our thoughts on Friday morning, but right now he is a little under-practiced.”

confirms the above
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:24 am

doesn't look like he will play :-t .......I hate hamstring injuries. Hope he gets to full strength soon, as two of my fantasy teams are relying on him to produce.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby moose_ffc » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:29 am

I haven't been to high on K Jones, but he is a guy you have to consider as a back. I am hoping that he gets the starting role, but Pinner is a good back too. PLus if Jones can't stay healthy??? But I am hoping that this is just preseason bang-ups that won't matter once the real game get here!
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:41 pm

Jones's Hammy is worrisome but Mariucci is really handling his players with care. I don't think it will be a serious problem adn think that it is amost a no-brainer that Jone will be the Lions opening day starter. It certainly doesn't look as if he'll play Saturday.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:50 pm

looks like Pinner may be worth a shot here or Bryson...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk