questions about deuce - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

questions about deuce

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:00 pm

I really like Deuce as well this year. He wasn't overly productive for inside the 10 last year, but he didn't have many chances either (he was 4/15 inside the 10). In 2002 he was 9 for 25 which also tells me for some reason, they decided to change their goalline philosophy last year. If they get back to using him more in the goalline region, there's no reason he shouldn't be off the charts. The one thing that I have a question about somewhat is them losing lead blocker Terrelle Smith to FA. They got Sam Gash as a replacement but he's long in the tooth.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:09 pm

I think the Saints dropped Sam Gash and are planning to run mostly single back formations.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby indecisiv » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:03 pm

has Duece ever been in a single back formation before? What were the results? I also read that he partially tore a ligament last year but still played through it. Just this/last week he was complaining about pain in that knee. Actually didnt he have surgery on it too?

You know what, I think I just might throw out the window every "could this be" injury that happens in the preseason. I have seen a TON of hamstrings, soreness, etc injuries that people sit out for. Yet if all these people actually did sit out there wouldn't be anyone to play on sundays. So I wont look (hopefully) too much at these injury reports ne more before the season starts.
indecisiv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:31 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I'm not telling you where I have him on my draft board, but don't be surprised if he finished #1 overall.

I thought that you told us yesterday that you had him #5? :-b

I think that you had. Priest, Green, Portis, LT, Deuce. Or something like that - too lazy to check :-D

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:38 pm

Yep thats what he said yesterday :-D .
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:58 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:I'm not telling you where I have him on my draft board, but don't be surprised if he finished #1 overall.

I thought that you told us yesterday that you had him #5? :-b

I think that you had. Priest, Green, Portis, LT, Deuce. Or something like that - too lazy to check :-D

That was YESTERDAY! Muhahahahaha!
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:04 pm

indecisiv wrote:has Duece ever been in a single back formation before? What were the results? I also read that he partially tore a ligament last year but still played through it. Just this/last week he was complaining about pain in that knee. Actually didnt he have surgery on it too?

Word out of Saints camp is they are happy with rookie FB Mike Karney for what it's worth.

As far the knee injury, yeah he partially tore a knee ligament against Jax but it didn't require surgery and he continued to play. He sure is a tough SOB for someone that scouts thought was overrated as a first round RB.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:05 pm

Maybe it's just where he projects Duece to go,not where he intends to take him.Why give such vital info away to competitors,as KG undoubtedly has here?Tomorrow start a thread how Deuce should be #8 overall and really throw em for a loop!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:07 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Maybe it's just where he projects Duece to go,not where he intends to take him.Why give such vital info away to competitors,as KG undoubtedly has here?Tomorrow start a thread how Deuce should be #8 overall and really throw em for a loop!

You speak as if we actually listen to Ghidra anyway.

Oh, by the way, I'm not telling you my post count. :-b

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk