QGriffin News. Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

QGriffin News. Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NeoRex23 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:51 pm

Flux wrote:doesnt look like that terrible of a schedule, 3 very good D's but not a lot after that

Would like to add JAX to your list of the better defences, especially against the run. The rest of the schedule looks quite good for a RB, even more if you consider Denver's ability to produce good / great RB out of nowhere.

My predictions for Griffin: 1200+ Yards, 8+ TD

Neo

3 WR C.Johnson/Horn/Coles/R.Wayne/M.Robinson
1 TE Pollard
1 K Stover
DEF Baltimore
NeoRex23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Universe - Sun System - 3rd Planet - Northern Hemisphere - Europe - Germany

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:54 pm

Flux wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:I'd just like everyone to keep in mind that he played against the awful Redskins run defense. They make anyone look like a fantasy star.

I thought of that to, and tried to bring myself back to reality, but then i looked at their schedule for next year (i know i know defenses can change)

KC
@JAX
SD
@TB*
CAR*
@OAK
@CIN
ATL
HOU
@NO
OAK
@SD
MIA*
KC
TEN

week 17 against IND (not relevant)

doesnt look like that terrible of a schedule, 3 very good D's but not a lot after that

KC in the first half will be good.
Oakland now has Sapp and Washington for run stuffers. As long as someone in the LB corps has a pulse, they should be decent, not pushovers.
Even a non-dominant Tampa Bay is perfect for shutting down a back like Quentin Griffin. Their weakness is straight up the middle, not on the edges.
Playing Miami in a home game should be a cakewalk. By that time of the season they will be beaten down and tired of losing. :-b
Houston could be much improved with the signing of Smith and the return of a hopefully healthy Seth Payne.

The moral of this post is, almost all of those defenses took steps to improve themselves and several could be the next dominant shut down defense. The only teams I believe who will have a weak D are Zona and SD because they are perennial pushovers.

No schedule really bothers me though. The average run defense isn't spectacular. I believe good players will be good players regardless of SOS. I just wanted to be the counterbalancing voice against the outcry of Quentin Griffin for President chants.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:59 pm

Whats your projecton for Q Tip Ghidra? Oh and Im not buying the old man D line from Oakland, Sapp and Washington will never last. Griffin can probably run right past those tubs of lards anyways. Last year they said KC was going to be a vastly improved defense, but they still sucked and they didn't do anything in the offseason to make themselves better. My opinion is they still suck. San Diego is utter garbage. Atlanta is getting older, and they weren't very good last year either.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:13 pm

KingGhidra wrote:KC in the first half will be good.
Oakland now has Sapp and Washington for run stuffers. As long as someone in the LB corps has a pulse, they should be decent, not pushovers.
Even a non-dominant Tampa Bay is perfect for shutting down a back like Quentin Griffin. Their weakness is straight up the middle, not on the edges.
Playing Miami in a home game should be a cakewalk. By that time of the season they will be beaten down and tired of losing. :-b
Houston could be much improved with the signing of Smith and the return of a hopefully healthy Seth Payne.

The moral of this post is, almost all of those defenses took steps to improve themselves and several could be the next dominant shut down defense. The only teams I believe who will have a weak D are Zona and SD because they are perennial pushovers.

No schedule really bothers me though. The average run defense isn't spectacular. I believe good players will be good players regardless of SOS. I just wanted to be the counterbalancing voice against the outcry of Quentin Griffin for President chants.

Its always good to have an opposing view

I basically posted the schedule b/c you were saying that he did well against WAS poor run D. I dont know a whole lot about the 'Skins but they really didnt lose a whole lot on the defensive end and ended up picking up some pretty decent players which i suspect will make them better as a whole (i could be totally wrong though)

KC ranked 30th last year against the run and I really dont see any improvements made to their D.

OAK will be a completely different team against the run this year with the 2 fatties clogging up the middle, but they also lost Eric Barton and Romo on the next level. Q. Griffin is more of an outside/find the seams runner than pound it up the middle anyway

TB - i concede to you on this point, they always stuff the little RBs, and thats why i put a star by them :-b

MIA - lol, good point

HOU - ranked 31st against the run last year, and while they did make some moves on D this offseason I dont see it being enough to make them even average

I do admit though that JAX and TEN are pretty solid against the run, but both had some losses on D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:21 pm

He'll get the yards if he's the starter, but Mike Anderson will probably get the goal-line and short yardage carries so I wouldn't expect more than 5-7 TDs.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:28 pm

It looks like Q is the starter, but I want to see what Bell has before I jump on the Q-tip bandwagon.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:21 pm

While I was impressed with Q the other night, it was the preseason, just a few days into camp. What stuck with me was his explosiveness, ability to get through the gap and that he was brought down by an arm tackle. I think he's a studly #3, borderline #2. He could put up some nice yards, but truthfully unless he's on a breakaway, I really see Shanahan using Anderson as the goalline back grabbing TDs.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shader » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:22 pm

Griffin looks very, very good. The only thing that worries me is the emergence of Tatum Bell. Also I can't imagine that Garrison Hearst would be put on the sidelines most of the year? I have to think that the Broncos would cut Hearst if Tatum Bell looks good. Any thoughts?
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby King Tim » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:03 pm

I don't understand why a lot of people are so intrigued by Bell. Sure the guy has great speed but Q is no slouch himself. Bell couldn't hold onto the ball in college and I can't remember one time Q put it on the ground at OU. Griffs game last year vs. Indy told Shanny that he had a stud backing up and that Portis could be dealt if contract problems came up. Do you really think Shanny makes that deal with Washington if he doesn't believe Griff can produce? Bell is an insurance policy and that is it. He will not come in and take the job away from Q........oh and Bell won't see any action this weekend v Buffalo.
Chris Mortensen: You can make a case for both QBs (Marino @ Elway) when talking about the "greatest ever", but in terms of just physical talent, John Elway was hands-down the most gifted quarterback who has ever played football.
King Tim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:21 pm

Griffin was Shanny's man all along, He will be very Portis esque
jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk