PRESEASON GAMES

Moderator: Football Moderators

PRESEASON GAMES

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:53 am

WOOHOO!!

Tonight's games.

CHI@STL 8PM EDT
ATL@BAL 8PM EDT

ESPN is showing the ATL game in my area (and I'm assuming everywhere). I'll only be able to catch the first 30-40 minutes, but I'll set my VCR to tape it.

Should be interesting to see how the Atlanta WCO looks against the first string BAL defense. Other than that, not much else to see. Boller and WR co are going up against a revamped defense, so I wouldn't take too much from their performances. I wanna see how Hall looks for ATL though.

Friday's games.

PHI@NWE 8PM EDT
NYJ@NOR 8PM EDT
KCC@NYG 8PM EDT

I get PHI@NWE since I live in the Philly area on CBS. Good test for the first string PHI offense against a D like NWE. I wanna see how Westbrook, Buckhalter, Owens and Smith do.

Oh yeah, Man vs Beast I & II is showing on FOX from 8-10pm. The first one was hilarious, but I never saw II.

Bunch of games Saturday that I won't be getting because of the stupid Olympics.
:-#

DEN@BUF 7PM EDT Sunday which I don't get either.

SEA@GNB 8PM EDT Monday ESPN

Basically a game you hope no one gets hurt. Minor interest in the SEA TE battle and how the WRs from each team shape up.

I can't wait!!

:-b ;-) :-D :-o
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:58 am

I can't wait to be back in America, I'm here in England and I don't get any games. :~(

Are you ready for some football

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:06 pm

CHI@STL 8PM EDT

i bet $5 that TJ has a good game b/c there will be no A-Train, and will therefore move up on everyones draft boards
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: PRESEASON GAMES

Postby nebbie2004 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:48 pm

KingGhidra wrote:WOOHOO!!

Tonight's games.

CHI@STL 8PM EDT
ATL@BAL 8PM EDT

ESPN is showing the ATL game in my area (and I'm assuming everywhere). I'll only be able to catch the first 30-40 minutes, but I'll set my VCR to tape it.

Should be interesting to see how the Atlanta WCO looks against the first string BAL defense. Other than that, not much else to see. Boller and WR co are going up against a revamped defense, so I wouldn't take too much from their performances. I wanna see how Hall looks for ATL though.

Friday's games.

PHI@NWE 8PM EDT
NYJ@NOR 8PM EDT
KCC@NYG 8PM EDT

I get PHI@NWE since I live in the Philly area on CBS. Good test for the first string PHI offense against a D like NWE. I wanna see how Westbrook, Buckhalter, Owens and Smith do.

Oh yeah, Man vs Beast I & II is showing on FOX from 8-10pm. The first one was hilarious, but I never saw II.

Bunch of games Saturday that I won't be getting because of the stupid Olympics.

DEN@BUF 7PM EDT Sunday which I don't get either.

SEA@GNB 8PM EDT Monday ESPN

Basically a game you hope no one gets hurt. Minor interest in the SEA TE battle and how the WRs from each team shape up.

I can't wait!!

:-b ;-) :-D :-o

i get both of tonights games cuz i have Dish Network and i orderd KTLA (channel 232) that has the STL and CHI game tonight and of course ESPN, also after that i dont know, havent looked in the "sports" directory yet!

Also, makes up for not seeing the ABC game Monday, because i just ordered local channels last night,

peace, Im nebbie!
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:54 pm

I'll be watching my Bears on NBC 5 in Chicago! To the guy in England, get the hell out of there. If you dont soon, you will start drinking tea and actually liking soccer. :-P
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:55 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:I'll be watching my Bears on NBC 5 in Chicago! To the guy in England, get the hell out of there. If you dont soon, you will start drinking tea and actually liking soccer. :-P

Tape the game for us and make it available for download somewhere.

:-b
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:03 pm

Tape? What the hell is.... oh the VCR thing! Well I cant do that, but I will give a nice little summary of what I saw in the first 2 quarters, since those are the only ones that matter for fantasy. 1st preseason game is kind of useless though because everyone sucks that game. (Except for Quentin Griffin ;-) :-b )
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:15 pm

Question for people here: please do not answer this if you have a bias....

My freind hates the rams, and was talking about how crappy their future is. I was like dude, their not that bad, and hes like watch tonite their backups (future starters) will get killed byt the bears. So we bet 20$ on the game, and im wondering who you guys think will win. I didnt really think it thru, i just thought "20$ on the rams over the bears with no odds? sweet!"

What do u guys think will happen?
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:19 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:Question for people here: please do not answer this if you have a bias....

My freind hates the rams, and was talking about how crappy their future is. I was like dude, their not that bad, and hes like watch tonite their backups (future starters) will get killed byt the bears. So we bet 20$ on the game, and im wondering who you guys think will win. I didnt really think it thru, i just thought "20$ on the rams over the bears with no odds? sweet!"

I'd tend to agree with your friend. Turley might be done for the year and their defense isn't getting any better.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:21 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:Question for people here: please do not answer this if you have a bias....

I'd tend to agree with your friend. Turley might be done for the year and their defense isn't getting any better.

how about the bet, am i gonna be 20$ richer tonite or no :-o
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk