Who deserves the most sympathy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who deserves the most sympathy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who deserves the most sympathy?

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:11 pm

Certainly couldn't forsee Ricky retiring and you can't predict injuries so they weren't bad picks but some teams are in serious trouble this year already.

Who deserves the most sympathy, who has taken the biggest hit. Personally, I am down Ricky and Anquan in one league. Nothing in any other leagues so I consider myself fortunate to a degree.

Who has lost more? Anyone have Ricky, Anquan, Boston and Shipp on one team? Just wondering.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:14 pm

I feel just a tinge of sympathy for anyone in any of my fantasy leagues! ;-D

I have a feeling that the injuries to big players are just getting started. I would suggest to all to avoid drafting to the last possible second before the season begins!
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby nsulham » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:20 pm

I think another question could be, which team do you feel more sympathetic towards? For my money it's Arizona. Promising young team on the horizon now has to make due without it's #1 RB and #1 WR.

Miami I don't feel as badly for because 1) I hate the Dolphins and 2) They still have a pretty darn good defense that should keep them in a lot of games.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:22 pm

Anyone who declared Ricky Willams as their keeper. If you drafted him before he retired, you probably drafted too early, so that was your mistake. But people who declared him as their keeper never saw this coming.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:24 pm

I'm with ya Sweet. Imagine Ricky and Boldin as 2 of your 3 keepers. I would not be happy.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Franchise Fan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:31 pm

as for teams, i fell bad for the cards. Im happy for the dolphins because wanny is a terrible coach and should be out of there soon. He shouldnt have a coaching job IMO.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:43 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Anyone who declared Ricky Willams as their keeper. If you drafted him before he retired, you probably drafted too early, so that was your mistake. But people who declared him as their keeper never saw this coming.

Had Ricky as a keeper in one of my $$$ leagues. I was allowed to keep another player from my team, but it still sucks

i do feel for you bungle in the DKL, thats some horrible luck :~(
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:46 pm

Wow you're lucky Flux. If it was my league, I probably wouldn't have let you change your keeper, not to be an ass or I dont like you, but just because everybody else will ask to get a different keeper if one of their players got hurt.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flux » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:50 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Wow you're lucky Flux. If it was my league, I probably wouldn't have let you change your keeper, not to be an ass or I dont like you, but just because everybody else will ask to get a different keeper if one of their players got hurt.

the previous year when Dillon threatened to retire I had bitched to make sure we had an early retirement rule (that year we had to pick our keepers WAY early). I knew I would be ok, but i still took a hit in quality.

I think retirement is a lot different than getting injured, im almost glad i got to keep someone else though since Ricky was looking at a 4 game suspension
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:51 pm

Oh ok, if you have an early retirement rule already then its cool. ;-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk