Price gets the tag! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Price gets the tag!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Price gets the tag!

Postby HubbaBubba » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:30 am

Heard it on the radio tonight. Buffalo has put the franchise tag on Price. Didn't check posts closely, Don't know this has already been posted. Just got home from my first pro hockey game. WOW!! Nothing like being there.(Stars at American Airlines )

FYI
HubbaBubba
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:10 am

The Bills put their franchise tag on wide receiver Peerless Price on Wednesday. The tag means that Price will be paid the average of the five highest paid players at his position. Buffalo president Tom Donahoe told the AP that he intends to sign Price to a long-term deal. But Price wasn't placated. "He's very, very disappointed," said Price's agent, Tim McGee. "He's not a happy camper." McGee said Price's frustration stems, in part, from finding out about the Bills' decision from a reporter. "No one had given us a call to say, 'Hey, this is what we're going to do,'" McGee said. "It didn't go down right. The Bills value Moulds as their guy. And when you have them on record as saying you can't compensate two No. 1 guys, well it makes us all wonder, 'Why did you just do what you did?'"
From a fantasy standpoint, this is so-so news. Price is capable of putting up big numbers for a variety of teams, and Eric Moulds' numbers are be suppressed by Price. Had Price left town, both players likely would have seen increases in production. The upside is that Price is assured of playing in a solid offense, something that may not have happened had he taken a lucrative offer from a bad team

I dont think many were expecting the bills to be able to hold onto both moulds and price. One good thing, at least we know they can both put up good numbers while playing for the same team.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Indy Dragons » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:55 am

I didn't expect the Bills to do it. I think, in the long run, this will hurt the team more than it will help them. Paying Price that much is really too much, UNLESS they know something about Moulds or Reed, that they aren't telling us.
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Price gets the tag!

Postby JayM09 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:32 am

HubbaBubba wrote:Just got home from my first pro hockey game. WOW!! Nothing like being there.(Stars at American Airlines )

FYI

I am a huge stars fan, how did you like that Guerin fight?

it looked pretty sweet on TV ;-D
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:37 am

i was really surprised that they franchised him simply because i dont see him as a top 5 WR and doint think i would of paid him that much. maybe they have already talked to a team and set up a trade to get a draft pick, hmmm never know?
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Petey » Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:40 am

That's what I'm thinking Kash. It's stupid for them to pay both guys like #1's when they need help in so many other places. Maybe they'll even trade Moulds. Who knows? Price is definately not a top 5 receiver, yet.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: Price gets the tag!

Postby HubbaBubba » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:50 am

I am a huge stars fan, how did you like that Guerin fight?

it looked pretty sweet on TV ;-D[/quote]

It was all good! I've watched Hockey on TV as more of just a sports fan, not a true hockey fan. But seeing it live has really changed my whole perspective of the game! I'm sure I'll enjoy it alot more the next time I watch on TV.
HubbaBubba
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby zombiez » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:58 am

wow, that is definately a surprise, Donahue is a pretty shrewd buisness man so something is up
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:20 pm

petey wrote:That's what I'm thinking Kash. It's stupid for them to pay both guys like #1's when they need help in so many other places. Maybe they'll even trade Moulds. Who knows? Price is definately not a top 5 receiver, yet.

yet is the key word....maybe the reason they are holding onto him is they want to be like the Rams team that won the SB.....They had a fast high scoreing offence....and a crappy defense, yet they won it all....maybe the Bills are thinking if they keep the O up there and make small improvements on D they can get there too....but I got a question for them...if this is what they are thinking....why do you think NE got rid of Bledsoe??...answer..he chokes!...he will not win the big one for them, he may take them close, but in this league the bottom line is you HAVE to have a good D....just ask they Niners who have one of the best offences in the league, without a D you won't go anywhere in this league

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:53 pm

Man. I don't get a lot of these posts at all.
The difference between Bledsoe, Moulds and Henry,
and Bledsoe, Moulds, Price and Henry,
is the difference between a .600 or-so club and a genuine force to be reckoned with.
Next to the Bledsoe deal, this is the smartest thing Buffalo has done in years.
A nightmare for NFL defensive co-ordinators around the entire league.
It's a GREAT move.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk