Never will I draft early again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Never will I draft early again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Never will I draft early again

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:22 pm

This is the first year I have ever drafted earlier than August and nothing but problems. Rules about retirement, scrambling for players. Just a mess. All because I am finally living in a country where I can play FF and be knowledgable about it I decided to start early and get into keeper and dynasty leagues. Never again. Those of you who have draft planned in the immediate future, put it off. Draft Sept 8th and save yourself the headaches.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Paladyr » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:30 pm

well sometimes you don't have a choice... it does suck, but gotta live with what ya got.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:32 pm

The problem is some people cant make all times for a live draft. And slow drafts have to take place earlier to make sure its finished before the season.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:31 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:The problem is some people cant make all times for a live draft. And slow drafts have to take place earlier to make sure its finished before the season.

Yep. slow drafts take time. We started a slow draft 4 weeks ago tommorrow and won't be done until no earlier than sunday. If everyone is available on sunday.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:46 pm

You're prechin to the choir.I had to draft early due to owner availability issues,and it may sound inconcevable,but I have Shipp,Boston and Boldin.All I needed was Ricky and it would've been a clean sweep!Of course my other backs are Edge and Fragile Freddy,so anything is possible to get worse.Oh yes,almost forgot,Penny is my QB,so the danger is there as well.LEARN FROM ME!!!!!!!!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby mclellan83 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:31 pm

Yeah, I was really glad last year when I didn't know all that much about fantasy strategy and was going to take Vick because I figured he was a RB/QB statwise. Turned out really well when we drafted the day after he broke his leg and I ended up with Priest at 5. We are doing our Sept 5th this year. I don't think I will ever get into a league when you draft before the reg. season starts.
mclellan83
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:43 pm

yea i havent been affected by any of the injuries (knock on wood). i feel bad for you
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk