Thomas Jones, Lee Suggs or Chris Brown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones, Lee Suggs or Chris Brown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who's the better choice?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:53 pm

Lee Suggs
10%
Chris Brown
33%
Thomas Jones
58%

Total votes : 40

Thomas Jones, Lee Suggs or Chris Brown?

Postby Crafty » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:53 pm

I've got the second pick in a fourteen-teamer. Round 1 is going to either LT or Priest, no problem there. At the second-third round turn, however, I'm braced for the possibility that every running back worth a shit will be gone.

Which of these should I pick up?

Thomas Jones -- on a crappy team, but a good rb.
Lee Suggs -- could lose out to Green.
Chris Brown -- could lose goal-line to A. Smith.

HELP.
Fortune favours the bold.
Crafty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:55 pm

I like Thomas Jones. Hes playing in a system that tailors to his skills, and he seems to have won the job outright. We will see how he looks tonight. Ill be watching the game.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Thomas Jones, Lee Suggs or Chris Brown?

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:56 pm

Crafty wrote:I've got the second pick in a fourteen-teamer. Round 1 is going to either LT or Priest, no problem there. At the second-third round turn, however, I'm braced for the possibility that every running back worth a shit will be gone.

HELP.

If every running back worth a shit is gone, why would you still draft one?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NeoRex23 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:00 pm

I'd go for T.Jones as well. As long as there's no clear #1 RB in CLE, I rank Suggs behind T.Jones.

Neo

3 WR C.Johnson/Horn/Coles/R.Wayne/M.Robinson
1 TE Pollard
1 K Stover
DEF Baltimore
NeoRex23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Universe - Sun System - 3rd Planet - Northern Hemisphere - Europe - Germany

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:04 pm

TJones, then Brown - but I agree with KG - if thats all thats available for you in the 2nd rd there are gonna be some big name WRs or something else that you should go after instead.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:05 pm

I don't think that Brown will lose goalline carries to Smith, he is a hard runner with young legs. I see him putting up Eddie George numbers but with more TDs. Jones hasn't worked out with 2 teams so far, so I have doubts about him excelling now. Don't know if Suggs is even going to be the starter for the Brownies. So I would go with Brown.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby junkieboy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:05 pm

If it's a toss up between those 3 why not focus on the best WR available at that point, likely a santana moss, steve smith level at worst and grab one of the three on the turn. If the guy drafting No.1 has similar feelings towards the lack of standout backs at that point you may lose out on the better WR. With your third pick you could then grab one of these 3 because it's unlikely that the other guy will take 2 of them. Should he take one of those 3 players with his 3rd pick it will make your decision easier anyway. Given the choice among the 3 I would have to take a chance on brown. I hear a lot about thomas jones but anthony thomas is still lingering as is william green in cleveland where as smith will not challenge brown much in tennesse where they have a pretty decent offense. I know brown is unproven but in a year when there is so many RBBC having a more definite starter in brown could be the best option.
junkieboy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Crafty » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:06 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Crafty wrote:I've got the second pick in a fourteen-teamer. Round 1 is going to either LT or Priest, no problem there. At the second-third round turn, however, I'm braced for the possibility that every running back worth a shit will be gone.

HELP.

If every running back worth a shit is gone, why would you still draft one?

Only because I wouldn't get another shot at a #2 rb until the 55th pick, and that puts me in Willis McGahee territory. I think I can fill in some great receivers later on, but that second rb will really be a problem.

On the other hand, I think there's a good shot that I can get two receivers like Hines Ward, Joe Horn, maybe Chad Johnson at 2/3. Should I go with that and just take my chances?
Crafty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 pm

Crafty wrote:
Only because I wouldn't get another shot at a #2 rb until the 55th pick, and that puts me in Willis McGahee territory. I think I can fill in some great receivers later on, but that second rb will really be a problem.

On the other hand, I think there's a good shot that I can get two receivers like Hines Ward, Joe Horn, maybe Chad Johnson at 2/3. Should I go with that and just take my chances?

I like that idea. Ward is solid, Horn makes a good #2. I'm hedging my bets a little with CJ because of the QB change, but having 2 of those 3 won't hurt. I'd jump on Barber or Bennett if they were still available though.

As far as pick #55 goes, I doubt you're down to Willis McGahee levels unless the first 40 picks are running backs. Most likely, you're down to Warrick Dunn/Charlie Garner type backs which isn't bad considering you paid a lot less for the risk than you would've in round two.
Last edited by KingGhidra on Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Crafty » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:13 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Crafty wrote:

I like that idea. Ward is solid, Horn makes a good #2. I'm hedging my bets a little with CJ because of the QB change, but having 2 of those 3 won't hurt. I'd jump on Barber or Bennett if they were still available though.

If Bennett's there, then yeah, obviously. Another thing to note is that this is a yardage heavy league, so I'm not completely put off by T.Jones and Brown possibly losing goal line carries. Also, we start 3 wr and 2 rb, so taking two top receivers might be the way to go.

Thanks all for some great input.
Crafty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk