Thomas Jones, Lee Suggs or Chris Brown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones, Lee Suggs or Chris Brown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who's the better choice?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:53 pm

Lee Suggs
10%
Chris Brown
33%
Thomas Jones
58%

Total votes : 40

Postby Paladyr » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:38 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
DraftDodger wrote:3. Thomas Jones -- a crappy player on a crappy team. How long does it take coaches and fans to realize that some guy's a bust? It will be a miracle if he can win and hold the starting job, and if he does so it's more of a knock on A-Train than it is a sign that Jones is good. Corey Dillon started for a team just as bad (if not worse) than Jones did, and Dillon produced. I don't know if Jones's problem is nagging injuries, a lack of heart, or a poor attitude, but I don't see him changing his ways anytime soon. Jones is right behing Ricky Williams on my draft chart, LOL.

Thank you!

Plus TJ was never really given the starting role IIRC. Dillon was always the man.

What does that say about TJ? He was never able to beat out anyone for a true starter's role.

For all the talk about TJ being on a bad team and never having a good opportunity, look at it from a different angle. The Cardinals were bad because they had players like TJ. He never gave them a glimmer of hope the way Dillon did, or Tomlinson does or any number of backs on bad teams over the years.

true you could look at it either way... TJ was bad b/c arizona sucked, or arizona sucked b/c of TJ. I still think cinci was a better team overall, so I think there still might be hope for TJ. I personally think he didn't do well b/c he hated being in AZ. IIRC their attendance was like a high school baseball game... Tough to play for a team when no one in the city cares.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:44 pm

Crafty wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Are you sure these are going to be your only choices? I would much rather have a Bennett, Barber, Staley, Martin, etc. than anyone you mentioned here.

I'd definitely take Bennett if he's there at 27, and there is a good chance of that in this (bush) league. But Barber I won't touch, Staley I have ranked below these dudes, and Martin I got burned on last year. He's no number 2.

It all depends on who's there. If Bennett's there, I'm taking him. If not, but say, C. Johnson and Hines Ward are there for my top two receivers, I'm taking them and gambling on TJ Duckett, Quentin Griffin or the like for my number 2. But it would take having two top-tier receivers for me to forgo a reasonable rb in the third.

Are you sure this is truly a yardage heavy league? Curtis Martin only ran for a measly 1,300 last year? Barber combines for about 1500 every year and Staley should be up in the teens as well. Chris Brown, Lee Suggs, and Thomas Jones I doubt even have 1,500 total yards combined on their careers.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:01 pm

i like tjones outta those 3
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous