ESPN Average Draft Position - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN Average Draft Position

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:43 pm

Oh my lord... :-P

Do CBS fantasy leagues give a TON of points to QB's?

Patriots defense ranked #28 overall? There is no way this is real...or at least not done with a large sample size.

I sure would love to have Alexander and James as my two backs drafting last in a 10 team CBS league...but with Moss still on the board there, I really wouldn't know what to do with myself!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:45 pm

maybe cbs awards alot of point for sacks and INTS etc. ive never played it so i dont know
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:15 am

MadScott wrote:Any idea how big of a sample size this was KG?

No clue. I assume ESPN would be pretty popular for FF, so I'd say a couple hundred drafts since June at least.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Averages

Postby DraftDodger » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:46 am

Both draft averages lists have Ricky Williams too high for his retirement and too low for pre-retirement so it looks to me like they went too far back in making these lists.

There are some anomalies but in general the lists show what the average drafter has been doing, thus explaining the NE Defense going about 30 picks too soon. Alot of casual players pick defenses early, figuring that you build a fantasy team the same way you build a real team.

Drafting on ESPN or Yahoo isn't like facing off against Cafe regulars--all too often you end up with half the teams too powerful and half the teams too weak. As soon as the weak are out of contention, they lose interest in the league and stop adjusting the rosters, skewing the contest.

What have been people's experiences with money leagues? Do you have a fair share of clueless newbs gambling their cash or is it mostly advanced fantasy football players?
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby madmike » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:33 am

I think these averages are across all ESPN or CBS leagues so many leagues have custom scoring methods. That makes these average a very broad view that takes into account people doing very strange things.

I think some leagues drafted early so that's probably why Ricky is still in the mix (off a small sample size). Once the majority of leagues draft in late August he'll be averaged out of the list.
-Mad Mike
madmike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk