Most memorable scoring play - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most memorable scoring play

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Rodge » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:19 am

houstonherdfan wrote:There was a game last year were the Def intercepted the ball and then fumbled recovered by the Off where they then scored a TD. In one ff league I had the def of the team that threw the INT.

Initiallly he won by like 3 points, but the next day cbs.sportsline changed the scoring on that play. Stating that since there was an inteception that the offense was now the defense so I got the 2 points for the fumble recovery and 6 points for the TD.

I can't remember the game or the team. I had way too many teams last year. 12 is too many to keep track of.

The game you are referring to was Monday Night of Week 5, Indianapolis at Tampa Bay. In the first quarter, Mike Doss of the Colts intercepted a pass thrown by Brad Johnson, returned it 16 yards to the Tampa 43, and then fumbled it. Keenan McCardell recovered the fumble and returned it 57 yards for a touchdown.

Yeah, the CNNSI league that I was in scored it the same way, 2 points for the fumble recovery and 6 points for the touchdown for the Broncos defense. I was pretty shocked at how this was scored. I friend of mine in a different league actually lost his head to head matchup because his opponent had Denver's defense and won by a couple of points. Boy was he pissed off. The points should have really gone to McCardell, who buy the way had 2 receiving td's in the game.

Anyways, this was a memorable Monday Night game. The Colts were down 35-14 with 4:00 left in regulation, somehow tied it up to send it to OT and Vanderjagt kicked the game winning field goal with 3:47 left in overtime. Vanderjagt missed the game winning field goal on the previous play, but Simeon Rice was flagged for "leaping" so Vanderjagt got a second chance and he nailed it. Hell of a game.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MMH » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:47 am

Favres 4 td 400 yard game after his father died was great for me. I remember posting in here saying i was 35 points behind our regular season leader with only my Qb to play and joked about Favre getting 4tds and 400 yards...and he did, my jaw dropped when I saw the scores.

One of the strangest ones I had was the first game of last season. I play in a yahoo league with decimal scoring and was about 0.5 of a point down with David Akers playing. I assume the eagles ran a fake field goal attempt or something but Akers ended up with 10 passing yards for 1 point which resulted in me winning tha game.
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:43 am

Cowboysguy2000 wrote:
jumpman8828 wrote:Don't forget the Saints game last year, where they were down by 7 with time for that one last play...they lateraled it back and forth like 4 times and scored, only for their kicker to miss that PAT :-o

OMG, I felt so bad for that kicker. I forgot who it was though... John Carney? Anyways, is the same kicker still on the team?

It's not like the Saints have any right to kick (sorry for the pun) a guy off the team for not playing up to his potential. Carney is actually one of the most consistent kickers in the league. It is definitely a shame he missed it, though.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:45 am

I still get PO'd thinking of a game in 2002 where I lost to a kicker (Elam's 5 field goal night). I HATE LOSING TO KICKERS! I had that game wrapped up, too. :-P
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Scoring...if only

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:29 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:How about a "should have been" scoring play. I had both Aaron Brooks and Joe Horn one year when Brooks threw a bomb to Horn. Some ref didn't get out of Horn's way and I missed out on two touchdowns. Lost the game because of it, too!

The Steelers/Falcons game in '02 where Burress went nuts for 253yds was pretty amazing, especially if he would have caught that hail mary at the end of OT to win the game and go over 300 yds.

I actually won a fantasy game last year because Fanball.com gave me credit for the infamous "McCardell TD" as a defensive TD for the Bucs...63-60. The guy had no business scoring 60 on me in the first place in a TD heavy league. 57 ok, 60 no :-)
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:35 pm

this isn't in respect to fantasy scoring, but a memorable scoring play was Joe Jurivicious on Monday Night Football in week one against the Eagles. Remember he tipped the ball up, spun around, dove and caught the ball over a would-be interceptor for the TD.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:38 pm

Rodge wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:There was a game last year were the Def intercepted the ball and then fumbled recovered by the Off where they then scored a TD. In one ff league I had the def of the team that threw the INT.

Initiallly he won by like 3 points, but the next day cbs.sportsline changed the scoring on that play. Stating that since there was an inteception that the offense was now the defense so I got the 2 points for the fumble recovery and 6 points for the TD.

I can't remember the game or the team. I had way too many teams last year. 12 is too many to keep track of.

The game you are referring to was Monday Night of Week 5, Indianapolis at Tampa Bay. In the first quarter, Mike Doss of the Colts intercepted a pass thrown by Brad Johnson, returned it 16 yards to the Tampa 43, and then fumbled it. Keenan McCardell recovered the fumble and returned it 57 yards for a touchdown.

Yeah, the CNNSI league that I was in scored it the same way, 2 points for the fumble recovery and 6 points for the touchdown for the Broncos defense. I was pretty shocked at how this was scored. I friend of mine in a different league actually lost his head to head matchup because his opponent had Denver's defense and won by a couple of points. Boy was he pissed off. The points should have really gone to McCardell, who buy the way had 2 receiving td's in the game.

Anyways, this was a memorable Monday Night game. The Colts were down 35-14 with 4:00 left in regulation, somehow tied it up to send it to OT and Vanderjagt kicked the game winning field goal with 3:47 left in overtime. Vanderjagt missed the game winning field goal on the previous play, but Simeon Rice was flagged for "leaping" so Vanderjagt got a second chance and he nailed it. Hell of a game.

thanks for the reminder. also the guy I beat that week missed the playoffs by 1 win. He was really pissed about that too.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

the browns

Postby BigDaddyBondo » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:52 pm

Having Jamal Lewis against cleveland
BigDaddyBondo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Xtreme » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:30 pm

arrbez wrote:
Xtreme wrote:
arrbez wrote:the music city miracle was good to see, just because of my anti-buffalo stance concerning all sports.

What do you have against Buffalo?

hockey and lacrosse rivalry, mostly ;-D

Does Buffalo still have a lacrosse team? And with the way the Sabres have sucked the past many seasons, there is no rivalry left.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby paulcseplo » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:21 pm

i lost a game last year by one point (yahoo league). then, 5 days later either the NFL or Yahoo decided that my team had a blocked kick (2 pts) so i ended up winning by one - 5 days later!!
i also was down by 35 pts one week w/ only peyton manning left (sunday night game against the saints). i think he scored 42 points for me to pull out the victory.

the worst losses are when you're down by only a few points and the team w/ your running back/kicker is in the red zone, but decides to kneel the ball because they've already won the game. that happened to me last year (they had the ball on the 2 yard line and ran out the clock - give it to my rb and get me a victory!!)
paulcseplo
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk