Rotoword reporting Dunn "the man" in Atlanta - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rotoword reporting Dunn "the man" in Atlanta

Moderator: Football Moderators

Duckett

Postby DraftDodger » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:04 am

>>> Both the Mora and Reeves regimes love(d) Duckett's running ability but he absolutley refuses to block anyone, ever. <<<

Duckett is a physical guy. Why does he refuse to block--he homophobic or something?
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:11 am

I don't have proof or anything, but it seems to me than Dunn has been battling injuries the past year and a half or so. Or something, because he hasn't been himself. Or very seldom has he been.

That said. If he's healthy now, no way would I go with Duckett over Dunn as my #1. Dunn is a halfback who can move laterally and speed away from defenses. Duckett's more of a fullback, really. Trouble is Duckett will get those goalline carries.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:20 am

I also dont buy into ATL going with a WC offense. Ill believe that when I see it too. The most interesting thing in ATL to me is how Gibbs affects the line. It seems logical to me that a big bruising RB will compliment Vick more than a quick outside the tackles runner like Dunn.

One thing for sure - you cant really use last yrs stats as a projection model.

As for fantasy value - this has to be one of the purest RBBCs in the NFL - making neither a great option.

O yeah for those who say Duckett just sucks so he wont be that great, its not like Dunn is a model of talent - he pretty much sucks too.

EDIT/ADD - Georgia, it would be great if you can keep us up to date on whats happening in ATL - a guy familiar with whats happening there (or anywhere for that matter) is a gerat source around here.
Last edited by Cornbread Maxwell on Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moose_ffc » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:21 am

I see Dunn being the more valuable back and always have. That said. I still think that Duckett will still get the goal ine carries. Leabing him with value. Plus, there is a large possiblity that Dunn won't make it to the end of the season, which could leave a team with a nice boost down the streatch that held on to Duckett!
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Dunn

Postby Bears_Fan » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:25 am

Dunn stil will have little utility in leagues that are not yardage oriented. However, Dunn had good numbers in full seasons with bucs and could have gret hook-up with vick, so I think he's now worth a late round pick in some yardage drafts. Duckett is good though and will at least probably see goalline action.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:31 am

IM not touching either of them, because i still see duckett getting the goalline carries after Dunn racks up the yards. That RBBC is not for me :-)
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby citti34 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:33 am

My league gives points for receptions, so he becomes valuble.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:23 pm

This is a step in the right direction for good news. Being the #1 is good, but how many carries per game is he gonna get? If he gets his customary 15 carries a game and 3-4 receptions, he will definitely be a top 20 RB. Pretty good value for someone you can pick up in round 9.

Atlanta has a pretty nice looking schedule. Other than two games against Tampa and 1 against NYG, they don't seem to play any projected great defenses on my list. He should even be okay against SFO. Peterson could keep an eye on Dunn, but he should have his hands full covering Crumpler.

Dunn is definitely the very poor man's Priest Holmes.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:17 pm

All this being said,what do you guys project his overall stats to be?Rushing and receiving.I'm in a heavily based yardage league,and this could really help if he can be a #1 guy,even if he doesn't get the TD's.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:12 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:All this being said,what do you guys project his overall stats to be?Rushing and receiving.I'm in a heavily based yardage league,and this could really help if he can be a #1 guy,even if he doesn't get the TD's.

If he can get 15-18 carries a game, that puts him around 250 carries on the year. He can easily crack 1000 yards rushing. Another 45+ receptions for around 400 yards and 4-5 total TDs and you're looking at very good round 9 value. If he's your 3rd or 4th back, you'll be able to get a very nice return on your investment later on in the season if someone is struggling at the #2 RB position.

They have a really soft schedule early on too. Atlanta could very easily start off 5-1/4-2. The coaches won't make a drastic RB change if they are winning with Dunn, which could help carry him through the rest of the season to prime week 15 & 16 matchups with New Orleans and Carolina.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk