2004-2005 WR Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2004-2005 WR Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

2004-2005 WR Rankings

Postby Bears_Fan » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:52 am

I am sick of 4000 rb post when the greater controversy is by far at wr. Here are my ranking with a sidenote.
1.Moss(tds alone put him here)
2. Harrison upside from 2003 season and consistency keep him a bit over other upcomers.
3.Owens(holt's tds being over 10 last year was a fluke)
4.Ward(should get better as team has o-line now)
5.Chad Johnson(new qb shouldn't hurt player emerged as one of top wideouts)
6.Holt
7.Coles/S.Smith/D.Mason(another tier, all very close id rank'em)
A.Coles
B.Smith
C.Mason
10.Moulds
Sidenote: I think Andre Johnson could easily have a top ten year more than any of "3rd year" wideouts. Id put him just outside of top ten.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:59 am

I'd argue that Holt should be #3, TO #4 and Ward #6 but it looks like you have a legit argument where you placed them.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby irishboy » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:39 am

wheres santana moss? definitely way better than steve smith (will have an awful year) and moulds
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: 2004-2005 WR Rankings

Postby Turnip » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:55 am

Bears_Fan wrote:I am sick of 4000 rb post when the greater controversy is by far at wr.

I am sick of 4000 posts about the early rounds when the tougher decisions are by far in the mid-draft picks!

Just kidding about the sick part though.

irishboy wrote:wheres santana moss? definitely way better than steve smith (will have an awful year) and moulds

Just wondering, why do you think Smith will have a bad year?[/quote]
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby prodonut » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:14 pm

steve smith should at least repeat last year..he's got the speed & hands & def is the no1 in carolina..i have steve smith 8,mason 9,horn 10
prodonut
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:01 pm

1. Randy Moss
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Terrell Owens
4. Chad Johnson
5. Torry Holt
6. Hines Ward
7. Santana Moss
8. Lavernues Coles
9. Steve Smith
10a. Andre Johnson
10b. Eric Moulds
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:26 pm

Where's Chambers on all these lists? I think he will be top 10 this year!! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:36 pm

Charlie Rogers is going to creep into the top 10 this year...trust me. Also, if Boldin weren't hurt, would you put him top 10? I would, especially with Fitz in the mix, did you see the way defenses keyed on Boldin last year? Now they'll have a couple guys to worry about. Same deal with Rogers with Williams there now. Plus Joey Ballgame is a very good QB. If the cards can get an O-line and a good QB they can make some noise (not this year, of course, but at some point), and if I were a Lions fan, I'd be getting pretty excited right about now.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby CC » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:44 pm

Plus Joey Ballgame is a very good QB.

Not to be arguementative, but I completely disagree with this statement. Harrington is a terrible QB, hes not accurate, doesn't have a cannon, and is not very mobile. He makes terrible decisions, and throws the ball away at the first sign of pressure. He's in the bottom 5 starting QBs in the NFL IMO.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:58 pm

I'll give it to you that he's not mobile, but I think he's definitely accurate and has an average "cannon". I may have misspoken, obviously he's not a great quarterback now, but I think it's just because of his inexperience. I consider him a good quarterback right now, and he will be great, probably by the end of the year. In college he was unstoppable if he got his feet planted under him. I remember watching him and that was the way you could tell. If he stood straight up it was trouble for the defense...the definition of pocket passer. Kurt Warner was that same way before...well, whatever the hell happened to him. Once Harrington gets comfortable with the NFL game...look out. Especially with the young core Detroit is building.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk