2004-2005 WR Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2004-2005 WR Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:41 am

34=Sweetness wrote:What about when Michigan crushed Washington States face in the Rose Bowl? Or when Wisconsin was tearing up Stanford? Big 10 owns the Pac10. Once again, there is one good team in the Pac10, while Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin should be good again.

Iowa too.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:57 am

Ive said this before and I wont go into detail - but its really tough to label how good a QB Harrington is by looking at his first 2 years in the league.

The reason for my post however is to say I think Torry Holt is the #2 WR in fantasy! It wasnt just his TD totals that rated him that high, but rather his yards. Holt led the league in passes thrown to him, and that trend should only continue. He led all WRs with total yds, and if you exclude Moss, he beat the next closest WR by over 300 yds. Thats a lot guys. Dont sell Holt short - he will be a monster this yr too.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:59 am

What if he regresses back? I had him 2002 and it wasn't pretty. Like 1200 yards (thats not shabby) and 4 TDs (that was shabby). He pretty much averages 1300 yards and 7 TDs a year, and with the O line in STL hurting I'm not sure how often Bulger will be able to hit Holt without throwing an interception or getting sacked. He needs time to get the ball out, and when hes hurried he makes lots of mistakes.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:10 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:What if he regresses back? I had him 2002 and it wasn't pretty. Like 1200 yards (thats not shabby) and 4 TDs (that was shabby). He pretty much averages 1300 yards and 7 TDs a year, and with the O line in STL hurting I'm not sure how often Bulger will be able to hit Holt without throwing an interception or getting sacked. He needs time to get the ball out, and when hes hurried he makes lots of mistakes.

great point about their Oline - definitely something to be concerned with. As for regressing, I dont see that happening - he clearly became the main downfield threat in STL last yr, and I cant stress enough the significance of the passes thrown to stat. That alone tells me Bulger is looking for Holt the vast majority of the time when he goes back to pass. TDs are a flukey stat, but passes thrown to isnt. If given enough opportunities to produce, a WR will get good numbers (Boldin). Harrison is slipping due to Manning going to him less than in yrs past.

The Oline is a concern, but I still have Holt as my #2.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Harrington

Postby Bears_Fan » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:44 pm

This is not a Joey Harrington post center and the fact that such threads do not exist should be telling.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby theBigHouse » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:54 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:What about when Michigan crushed Washington States face in the Rose Bowl? Or when Wisconsin was tearing up Stanford? Big 10 owns the Pac10. Once again, there is one good team in the Pac10, while Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin should be good again.

having recently graduated from Michigan, I'm certainly biased towards BigTen ball... but to talk BigTen football and to not include Iowa.. well that's just wrong. Not to mention Purdue and Minnesota....
theBigHouse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby theBigHouse » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:55 pm

having recently graduated from Michigan, I'm certainly biased towards BigTen ball... but to talk BigTen football and to not include Iowa.. well that's just wrong. Not to mention Purdue and Minnesota....
theBigHouse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:00 pm

Don't worry I have you covered on Iowa. I hate Kyle Orton but Purdue should be good this year, and same with Minnesota.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby theBigHouse » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:01 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

Iowa too.

doh! i missed that post...

as for WRs

Moss
Harrison

Owens
Holt
Ward

C Johnson
Coles
S Moss

followed by Mason, Smith, Smith, DJack, Moulds, etc...
theBigHouse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:49 pm

Most QBs that are in the WCO take about 3 years to digest it. This therefore should be Joey's make or break year. The trouble up there is, if he doesn't get it, McMahon has proven that he won't be much more than a perennial backup so it's back to the drawing board.

And as for Pac-10 v. Big 10 (11), you may have numbers but our 1 can whip any of your all's 11 anytime! :-o
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk