2004-2005 WR Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2004-2005 WR Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:09 pm

Ya sorry about Iowa. I dont follow them as much, the 4 teams in the Big Ten I follow are Wisconsin because I live here, Michigan because they are a favorite of mine since I was little, Ohio State because I have relatives there that Ive made angry due to me liking Michigan ( :-b ) and Illinois because I used to live there. I wasnt sure if Iowa, Purdue and Minnesota were still good.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:18 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Oh yea, the Pac 10 must rule b/c Michigan got upset by Oregon. I guess California is an amazing team because they beat USC.

All I was saying was Michigan, the "class" of the Big Howevermany took a whooping from the 2 Pac 10 schools it faced, and one turned out to be not that great. I'm not sure what formula you use for determining which team is better, but I like using football game results. And no, Cal is not an amazing team, but I can see how you would think that after suffering through what passes for football in the Big 10 for so many years. And I'm sure SC would be an average team in the Big 10, seeing how much trouble they had with Michigan. Didn't Matt Leinart catch a TD pass that game, BTW? That must have been a little embarrassing.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:26 pm

The thing is, there is more high quality teams in the Big10 then the Pac10. Everyone not named USC in that conference is garbage. UCLA? Crap. California? Crap. Arizona? Garbage. Arizona State? Trash. Stanford? Back to garbage.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:32 pm

No one disagrees that USC, the #1 team in country, is a very good team. But, most people here would agree that out of the big conferences, the Pac 10 is one of the worst for quality football teams. Lets evaluate the Pac 10 vs. the Big 10 for this season.

Pac 10 Teams in Preseason Top 25 - USC, California, Oregon

Big 10 Teams in Preseason Top 25 - Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa

Big 10 has the most teams in the top 25 of any conference.
Sorry for hijacking this thread, it can go back to being about WRs now.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:33 pm

That's not even really an argument. I'll take any team you mentioned (other than Arizona, they really ARE crap) against Ohio State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc. And the teams you didn't mention, the teams that would all walk away with the Big 10 if they played in a JV league (Oregon, Oregon State, Washington State) I'd take over any Big 10 school. Let me know when the Big 10 finds a QB that can play anywhere except a Big 10 school. That must be a rough assignment. Handoff left, handoff right, dumpoff to FB, interception, get drafted and cut within a calendar year. Find his little brother, repeat. Seriously.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:36 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:No one disagrees that USC, the #1 team in country, is a very good team. But, most people here would agree that out of the big conferences, the Pac 10 is one of the worst for quality football teams. Lets evaluate the Pac 10 vs. the Big 10 for this season.

Pac 10 Teams in Preseason Top 25 - USC, California, Oregon

Big 10 Teams in Preseason Top 25 - Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa

Big 10 has the most teams in the top 25 of any conference.
Sorry for hijacking this thread, it can go back to being about WRs now.

LOL sorry not quite yet. Those are amazing stats...and that's after how many games? Just because pollsters are as wrong as you doesn't mean the Big 10 is better. Oregon State and Washington State are right on the outskirts too.
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby CC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:37 pm

hawksfan896 wrote:That's not even really an argument. I'll take any team you mentioned (other than Arizona, they really ARE crap) against Ohio State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc. And the teams you didn't mention, the teams that would all walk away with the Big 10 if they played in a JV league (Oregon, Oregon State, Washington State) I'd take over any Big 10 school. Let me know when the Big 10 finds a QB that can play anywhere except a Big 10 school. That must be a rough assignment. Handoff left, handoff right, dumpoff to FB, interception, get drafted and cut within a calendar year. Find his little brother, repeat. Seriously.

I dunno, theres this guy, can't remember his full name, Something Brady, whos having a pretty good career.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:46 pm

OK good point. I don't have the time or patience to start thinking about good QBs and where they came from right now. Now we really can give this thread back to WRs. Lookin' forward to the SEA GB game in a few minutes, you? BTW GB didn't really win the game last year. I turned off the TV before anything bad happened in OT and just hung out until Feb and got drunk when I figured SEA won the Super Bowl. Enjoy the season, and we can continue this debate in the college forum if you'd like.
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby CC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:47 pm

hawksfan896 wrote:OK good point. I don't have the time or patience to start thinking about good QBs and where they came from right now. Now we really can give this thread back to WRs. Lookin' forward to the SEA GB game in a few minutes, you? BTW GB didn't really win the game last year. I turned off the TV before anything bad happened in OT and just hung out until Feb and got drunk when I figured SEA won the Super Bowl. Enjoy the season, and we can continue this debate in the college forum if you'd like.

You enjoy the season too, I think I'm all debated out for today.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:00 pm

Uh, guys this thread is about the 04-05 WR rankings. :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk