Riksy QB Duo? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Riksy QB Duo?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Riksy QB Duo?

Postby unfrgivn » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:58 pm

Hey guys, I am a fairly experienced FF player and have made the super bowl 3 years running (but never won :-t ). I am drafting 1st in a 12-team redraft league. And just for reference I will be grabbing Holmes, and then either 2 top recievers (C. Johnson/Ward) or (C. Johnson/ best available RB - Taylor, Dillon, Bennet, Davis, etc...).

I am trying to pick up McNair with my 4th round pick. Then 2 more recievers or RB & a reciever depending. Would it be a good idea to wait until round 7 to try to snag Brunell (I have never seen him get picked earlier than that in the mock drafts I've done). Then for one of my last picks grab Ramsey as a backup. I have a feeling Brunell will lose the starting job mid-season or at least share-time with Ramsey. The good is one of them will always be starting and in my mind they will both have phenominal games when they play.

I am very biased because I am huge Skins fan, but didn't know if this combo made more sense then just trying to go for Brady, Plummer, Garcia, Carr, etc... as my #2. Thanks.
unfrgivn
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:01 pm

mcnair should make it to the 5th and brunell should be there in the tenth. but if you really want them its plausible to take them a few rounds earlier.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby unfrgivn » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:40 pm

I posted those round b/c in all the 12-man mock drafts I've done in the last week, McNair has dissapeared by the end of the 5th round. Remember I have first pick so 4th and 5th are essentially the same pick for me.

Brunell I have also seen go as early as 6/7 which is why I put him there. Generally he is gone by the 8th at the latest in the several mock drafts I've done.

I'm not wondering when to take them so much (I can figure that out), I'm wondering if I should try the Brunell/Ramsey package, or is my die-hard love for my team blinding me?
unfrgivn
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby xbird » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:25 pm

I would grab Brady or Plummer as your #2. Brunell's strength
was his mobility-which is gone. Ramsey is still unproven.
To give you an idea, our league(all Titans fans) McNair went
4.5. The QB run started in round 6, I got Brady 6.6 and grabbed
Plummer 9.6. Brunell and Ramsey are still on the board-our draft
is via email, very slow. I expect Brunell will get drafted in the
10th round.
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:21 pm

id go with brunell at #2 good WR's and good RB, but bad OL it should be ok tho
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:15 am

I think it would be okay to grab Brunnel as a backup, but don't waste a pick on Ramsey. Should something happen to Brunnel or he just gets replaced, odds are that Ramsey will still be on the WW and you can simply drop Brunnel for him.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:36 pm

MadScott wrote:I think it would be okay to grab Brunnel as a backup, but don't waste a pick on Ramsey. Should something happen to Brunnel or he just gets replaced, odds are that Ramsey will still be on the WW and you can simply drop Brunnel for him.

Exactly ;-D

Brunell should be a solid backup this year, I don't expect him to lose his job to Ramsey, but even if he does I don't believe Ramsey would be taken.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mistern » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:13 pm

I'm in the same position as you in my league and am also planning on taking 2 top-WRs in rounds 2 and 3 provided there are no decent RBs left.

Unfortunately, doing this is going to hurt your RBs bad, so with picks 48 and 49 it would'nt be a bad idea to take 2 RBs, IMO. Then just hope there's a decent QB left at 72/73.

About the QB question, I am skins fan as well but there's no way I would take Ramsey. He looked pretty lost in the game last night and I would bet that that would scare anyone else from picking him, so he'll be availible on the WW most likely. ;-D
"I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad a turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi,.Some one needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself."
-mitch hedberg
mistern
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:20 pm

Brunell is going in the 7th round now? Sheez. I wouldn't take him there.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Riksy QB Duo?

Postby Tiki » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:29 pm

unfrgivn wrote:Hey guys, I am a fairly experienced FF player and have made the super bowl 3 years running (but never won :-t )
Are u a vikings fan? :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk