Shane Matthews Start Next Week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Shane Matthews Start Next Week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shane Matthews Start Next Week?

Postby Skiggs » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:08 am

wow that was some performance on the part of Shane Matthews this weekend. What do you guys think of the chance of him putting up numbers close to that all season?

would you start him against philly next monday or see if garcia can bounce back from that pathetic peformance last week with a good one this week at home against Denver?
Skiggs
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

User avatar

Posts: 21
Joined: 6 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NY

Tough choice.

Postby trentvaughn » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:32 am

I would start Garcia. He'll step it up against the Broncos this week. Matthews will have a tough time in Philly. I know why you're having a tough time deciding. It's better to stick with the Fantasy vet than to go with the one week wonder. It doesn't always work out, but the vet will do better 70% of the time. The other 30% were breakout performances, and that's hard to tell. Arizona's D is terrible.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 365
Joined: 2 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:31 am

in this case you have to start garcia for one matthews did great but it was one game and against arizona and next week hes got philly so much tougher for a man who is unproven so far

garcia will have an awesome year hell shake off game 1 jitters and go toe to toe with the denver offense just like st louis did but in this case i think san fran will win
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6383
Joined: 26 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Endzone, plotting world domination!

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:34 am

yeah def. start garcia. matthews wont have it easy against philly but i do beleive he will keep putting up good #'s all season. hes a good backup.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 11116
Joined: 30 May 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:16 pm

Garcia for next week.If he has another poor outing,then switch it around the following week and see if Garcia can bounce back.
n_tremain23
Moderator
Moderator


Posts: 478
Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Burg

garcia

Postby tommyb » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:07 pm

garcia looked terrible in game 1. He really needs to get his game back. They may resort to the runing game more often than ever if Owens and Stokes are gonna get covered like the Giants did. Eric Johnson is a good sleeper pick here, garcia prefers johnson over jj stokes so ej will have a good year.
tommyb


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby joe_montana » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:46 pm

Do people think Mathews will do well this season? I picked him up for my backup D (browns) and I am hoping he can back up my starter, Griese. What about that question, start Griese or Mathews?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 469
Joined: 3 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I left my heart in San Francisco


Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 16:49 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact