RB qusetion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RB qusetion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mnheadliner » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:04 pm

MadScott wrote:2,000 touches seems to be the magic # were RBs start to decline. Dillon goes over that mark this year while Priest is still 2 seasons away from hitting it. To me, that's more of a benchmark than anything.

Interesting....I hadn't heard of this before. I wonder how much this statement is fact, and how much is myth. One of these days (long after my draft regretfully) I will have to look into this more. ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:32 pm

I have alway felt that is isn't how old or how many touches but how many hard hits a guy has taken. Barry Sanders was asked to recall his hardest hits and he said that he didn't remember ever being hit hard. Barry could have ran for 1,500yds until he was into his late 30s, probably.
I suppose that age enters into it because once you start to lose a step you get hit more often and more squarely. I haven't seen enough of Priest to know if he has been taking a pounding, but when I have seen him he didn't look to be getting hammered that often. I think Priest has a couple great years left because the great blocking in the Chiefs system keeps the big linemen and linebackers from getting an open shot.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk