Barlow 1500 yd goal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Barlow 1500 yd goal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Barlow 1500 yd goal?

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:05 pm

You all think this is reachable? He had 1060 yds in 4 starts last year. With a full season, but less talent around him, can this be done?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Navyseal » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:15 pm

Maybe rushing and receiving combined... he'll be productive provided he stays healthy, but teams will put 8 in the box and make Rattay beat them...

12 team, H2H, hyper-performance, keeper (5)

Start 9: QB, 1/2RB, 2/3/4WR, 1/2TE, K, D/ST

Keepers: Deuce, Rudi, CJ, Plax, Foster
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:19 pm

Navyseal wrote:Maybe rushing and receiving combined... he'll be productive provided he stays healthy, but teams will put 8 in the box and make Rattay beat them...

I couldn't say it any better. ;-D
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby atvjerryrice80 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:23 pm

yea in combined yds he'll get it
atvjerryrice80
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:24 am

1500 yards combined should be no trouble whatsoever. Don't forget, he's not just going to rush the ball and get touches that way, he's going to be the focal point of the offense and should figure to have at least 4 passes thrown his way each game.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hander99 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:10 am

He will definetly reach this total if he stays healthy. There is no single other back worthy of being put on the field in San Fran. I realize he will be the top threat on the defenses agenda, but really, every other back on the 49ers team is terrible. I would definetly take roger craig as backup incase barlow goes down.
hander99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cupertino_11 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:50 am

Add to the negative column that his fullback Fred Beasley has a high-ankle sprain. Not sure when he'll be back, but that's key to Barlow's success.

Watch that one if you're planning on taking Barlow over others such as Dillon, R. Johnson, Bennett, or D. Davis.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:11 pm

The 9ers have been very good rushing the ball and they will need to be if they are to have any success. Health is the only thing that will keep Barlow from rushing for 1,500yds. Defenses are still going to have to respect the pass game enough to free Barlow up, IMO.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby shortsavage » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:34 pm

I agree with the majority here, Barlow's quote may be a bit of an overstatement. But, you have to keep the fans in their seats somehow.

Thank you Tiki!
shortsavage Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:17 pm

Cupertino_11 wrote:Add to the negative column that his fullback Fred Beasley has a high-ankle sprain. Not sure when he'll be back, but that's key to Barlow's success.

Watch that one if you're planning on taking Barlow over others such as Dillon, R. Johnson, Bennett, or D. Davis.
Great point Cupertino. He really is key to that running game there. They did say that x-rays were negative but the "high ankle sprain" is one of the most feared injuries currently going. This will impact their offense tremendously if he can't go for an extended period of time.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk