10 vs 12 team leagues - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

10 vs 12 team leagues

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:15 pm

10 team leagues leave too much talent in the pool late. 12 team leagues with a decent size bench can really show off some skill if you did your homework. None of the 10 team leagues I've been in saw Josh Scobey go off the board, but in a 12 team league if you draft him and he blows up, that shows some good preperation. In fact, the 10 teamer I just drafted had Julius Jones go with the last pick in the 15th.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

response

Postby bruuno2 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:21 pm

no more than 12,no less than 10 ;-D
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shortsavage » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:28 pm

Running a fantasy football league entirely for rookies (including myself), should we ease ourselves in with a 10-team league or stand stalwart to the challenge and go with 12 teams?
shortsavage Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pallan » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:56 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:I personally like smaller leagues. Some people like the challenge of thinner player pools, but I like high scoring matchups between stacked teams B-)

Ditto. I'm in a couple 10 team leagues and a 4 team league that hasn't done the draft yet. We're gonna wait until the last week to perfom the draft. So that no one gets screwed by having one of their star players go down because of injury.
pallan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:24 am

12 is def. the greatest...... we started with 8 but have moved up to 12 permanently and it def. requires more strategy...plus i love raiding all the great players cuz most of my buddies think they know football but they're really just retarded ;-D , oh well more for me
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Impressionable » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:36 am

KingGhidra wrote:10 team leagues leave too much talent in the pool late. 12 team leagues with a decent size bench can really show off some skill if you did your homework. None of the 10 team leagues I've been in saw Josh Scobey go off the board, but in a 12 team league if you draft him and he blows up, that shows some good preperation. In fact, the 10 teamer I just drafted had Julius Jones go with the last pick in the 15th.

That sums up my feelings exactly. 12 team leagues require you to do some prior research and be prepared, instead of just drafting the best player available and making deals later. 10 team leagues have stacked rosters, and it just starts getting more luck orientated. 12 team leagues are more contested and they have tighter drafts.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby emaja » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:01 am

Another reason that I like 12 team leagues is that you can play everyone just once, then have a 3 round playoff and still be done before the real teams start resting studs for the playoffs.

The guys in my 16 team league just don't understand why it is too big and the only reason I still play it is because it is at work and it gives me something to talk about. You don't play everyone and they insist on having the championship game in week 16 which completely sucks since you can never win with the team that you built up over the rest of the season. You have to patch together a team from WW castoffs and third team players.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:20 am

emaja wrote:Another reason that I like 12 team leagues is that you can play everyone just once, then have a 3 round playoff and still be done before the real teams start resting studs for the playoffs.

The guys in my 16 team league just don't understand why it is too big and the only reason I still play it is because it is at work and it gives me something to talk about. You don't play everyone and they insist on having the championship game in week 16 which completely sucks since you can never win with the team that you built up over the rest of the season. You have to patch together a team from WW castoffs and third team players.

Most leagues,whatever the size, have their championship in week 16. The players don't usually get tossed to the bench till week 17. Of course if you meant week 17 then thats right. Having the championship on week 17 SUCKS!!!
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby emaja » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:52 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:Most leagues,whatever the size, have their championship in week 16. The players don't usually get tossed to the bench till week 17. Of course if you meant week 17 then thats right. Having the championship on week 17 SUCKS!!!

Oops, typo.

Yes, I meant week 17. And it does suck.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:45 pm

I am in this same boat only reversed. I was in a 12 teamer last year and in a 10 team league this year....should be interesting!
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk