10 vs 12 team leagues - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

10 vs 12 team leagues

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby AGENT » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:41 pm

I prefer 10 team league with at least 17 Rounds. I like having good FA pickups after week and see everyone rush for the top ones to only find them as week one wonders
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboysguy2000 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:56 pm

If I can only pick 10 or 12, I'll pick a 12 team league. But I like 14 team leagues a lot and I'd love to try a 16 team league. The more the merrier I say! :-) And I think it really makes you show off your fantasy football talent.

Heck, I'd even be up for a 20 team league if it was put together right.
Cowboysguy2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby emaja » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:29 pm

Cowboysguy2000 wrote:If I can only pick 10 or 12, I'll pick a 12 team league. But I like 14 team leagues a lot and I'd love to try a 16 team league. The more the merrier I say! :-) And I think it really makes you show off your fantasy football talent.

The problem with larger league is that you just don't enough starters to go around if you use the traditional FF lineup.

In my 16 team league, I wanted to have 1 QB, 2 WR, 1 K, 1 DEF and a TE/WR/RB flex since I don't think that there are 32 RB's worth having in the NFL. Tweak the scoring to balance RB's and WR's and you could have a competative league. I was shot down.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Cowboysguy2000 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:53 pm

emaja wrote:
Cowboysguy2000 wrote:If I can only pick 10 or 12, I'll pick a 12 team league. But I like 14 team leagues a lot and I'd love to try a 16 team league. The more the merrier I say! :-) And I think it really makes you show off your fantasy football talent.

The problem with larger league is that you just don't enough starters to go around if you use the traditional FF lineup.

In my 16 team league, I wanted to have 1 QB, 2 WR, 1 K, 1 DEF and a TE/WR/RB flex since I don't think that there are 32 RB's worth having in the NFL. Tweak the scoring to balance RB's and WR's and you could have a competative league. I was shot down.

You make a good point. But instead of the only RB position being in a flex spot, I'd make one more position just for RB's. So it would come to 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. Everyone can still get a decent RB in a 16 team league, but your right, 2 decent one's might be hard to come by.
Cowboysguy2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Navyseal » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:22 pm

I prefer 12 team leagues b/c you really have to know your stuff... we even have 4 divisions comprised of 3 teams each. The winner of each division makes the playoffs plus two wildcards. The SB is week 16. I am yet to find a better system.

10 team leagues just aren't challenging enough imo...

12 team, H2H, hyper-performance, keeper (5)

Start 9: QB, 1/2RB, 2/3/4WR, 1/2TE, K, D/ST

Keepers: Deuce, Rudi, CJ, Plax, Foster
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk