Eric Moulds
Andre Johnson
Plaxico Burress
Chris Chambers
Marty Booker
Javon Walker
Amani Toomer
Peerless Price
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:18 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:My sleepers for the top 10.

Eric Moulds
Andre Johnson
Plaxico Burress
Chris Chambers
Marty Booker
Javon Walker
Amani Toomer
Peerless Price
9 holt 10 Moss. You can't have 8 sleepers in top 10 just not gunna happen too many non sleepers (Horn, CJ Harrison etc.) sorry!! Even 5 is pushing it!! Unless I am misreading this I just dont think its going to happen. I will agree on Chambers & Johnson though the others are just maybes!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:21 pm

Tiki wrote:

Eric Moulds
Andre Johnson
Plaxico Burress
Chris Chambers
Marty Booker
Javon Walker
Amani Toomer
Peerless Price
9 holt 10 Moss. You can't have 8 sleepers in top 10 just not gunna happen too many non sleepers (Horn, CJ Harrison etc.) sorry!! Even 5 is pushing it!! Unless I am misreading this I just dont think its going to happen. I will agree on Chambers & Johnson though the others are just maybes!

I don't think he is saying they will all finish in the top 10 he is merely stating that those guys have a good possiblity of doing so.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:00 pm

The Super Friends wrote:The Fantasy Football Index has Rod Smith listed as the fourth best wide receiver OVERALL.

At first I thought I bought a three year old magizine but the cover says 2004.

Their logic is that without Portis, Sharpe or McCaffery, Smith should have lots of balls go his way.

I'd be extremely suprised if Sharpe or McCaffrey will have any balls thrown their way this year......just my opinion. :-)
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bears_Fan » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:24 pm

Clarification on the term "sleepers" some already understood. OBviously these all are or were good players, the question is which would BE SURPRISING TO FIND NOT JUST TO BE DECENT BUT IN THE TOP TEN.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TTTBone » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:04 pm

Budman wrote:
The Super Friends wrote:The Fantasy Football Index has Rod Smith listed as the fourth best wide receiver OVERALL.

At first I thought I bought a three year old magizine but the cover says 2004.

Their logic is that without Portis, Sharpe or McCaffery, Smith should have lots of balls go his way.

I'd be extremely suprised if Sharpe or McCaffrey will have any balls thrown their way this year......just my opinion. :-)

Ummm, Budman, it does say without McCaffery and Sharpe, or are you just reiterating the obvious? :-b
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby CC » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:07 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:
Tiki wrote:

Eric Moulds
Andre Johnson
Plaxico Burress
Chris Chambers
Marty Booker
Javon Walker
Amani Toomer
Peerless Price

I don't think he is saying they will all finish in the top 10 he is merely stating that those guys have a good possiblity of doing so.

I obviously don't think those guys will be all top 10 WRs. I'm just saying that there is a decent chance that 2 or 3 of them could be.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:13 pm

Their logic is that without Portis, Sharpe or McCaffery, Smith should have lots of balls go his way.[/quote]

I'd be extremely suprised if Sharpe or McCaffrey will have any balls thrown their way this year......just my opinion. :-)[/quote]

Ummm, Budman, it does say without McCaffery and Sharpe, or are you just reiterating the obvious? :-b[/quote]

The way it is written, if one is reading with proper grammar in mind, it looked like he was saying that Sharpe, McCaffrey and Smith will have alot of balls thrown their way this year without Portis there. The right way for him to say it would have been "Their logic is that without Portis, Sharpe and McCaffrey around, Smith should have a lot of balls thrown his way.

Sorry....his grammar confused me there...doesn't take much you know! LOL!
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby AGENT » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:38 pm

Plaxico Burress may gain more yards and have more 100 yd games than Hines ward this year so be aware if you get bonus points for yards
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jhoefen » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:21 pm

i dont know about top 10, but Justin Gage WILL be the best wide reciever on the bears this year, and i'm going to go on a limb and say top 20. i've heard rumors that he has a great rapport with mcnown!
jhoefen
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk