Which backup RB strategy do you think is better? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which backup RB strategy do you think is better?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby AGENT » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:48 pm

Azrael wrote:There are only 2 starting RBs that I would actually draft a handcuff for: Stephen Davis and Marshall Faulk...Davis because of his running style and Carolina's heavy running attack and Faulk because he hasn't started 16 games in 4 years (and it's been getting worse), I can safely assume these guys will go down at one point or another during the year and I know that A. DeShaun Foster is really good and B. If Trung Canidate and Arlen Harris can turn out big games in that offense, just about anyone can. So these two backs are necessary to handcuff.

Anyone else, forget about a handcuff and just try to draft some potential producers (Griffin, T. Jones, Suggs, or whoever you have in mind).

I would have to agree with you here. I would also add Henry/McGehee to that list
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboysguy2000 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:41 pm

Heimholder wrote:I've seen it so many times - your stud RB (let's say Faulk) is questionable with an injury all week, and a gametime decision to play on Sunday. I'd much rather have the option of putting in my RB3 (let's say Curtis Martin) and knowing he will play, rather than worry about who's starting for the Rams all week.

This is exactly why I think handcuffed players are pretty useless. More often then not your not going to be sure if the starter or the back up will play the game. And if the starter plays it probably won't be the entire game. If it's a blowout either way, the starter, who wasn't 100% to begin with is gonna sit. This won't give you a full game out of either one, obviously. I'd rather have a guy that I know will play his entire game (or most of it) if my starter goes down.

The only exception would be mabey guys that might end up with the starting job by the end of the year.
Cowboysguy2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk