Return to Football Talk

Good news for Rogers owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Good news for Rogers owners

Postby Vanter » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:47 am

From Fanball: Aug 15, 2004 1:53AM ET

Lions: Rogers looks good, shoulder passes test

THE NEWS
Lions' wide receiver Charles Rogers caught three passes for 56 yards against the Steelers on Saturday in his first game since breaking his collarbone in week five of last season. He even landed hard on the shoulder while making one of those receptions. "I never had any doubts about my shoulder," Rogers told reporters after the game. "I played fearless, just like always, and had fun."

OUR VIEW
Some fantasy owners will ignore Rogers on draft day due to injury concerns. Don't be one of those owners. Rogers is a playmaker and the addition of rookie wideout Roy Williams to the Lions' offense will only help his cause.
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Impressionable » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:33 am

Rogers did look good, he caught the passes that went his way efficiently. If anything, I didn't like how he got very minimal YAC each time. I drafted him in the early 7th round in one of my 12 team leagues, and I'm glad I did. There shouldn't be any hesitation over drafting him because of a collarbone injury. The Lions were pretty cautious by putting him on IR last year.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:50 am

I love Rogers this year, he can put up numbers comparable to Andre Johnson this year and you can get him 2 rounds lower. If you draft him as your 2nd WR, you'll already have 2 good backs, a good WR, Tony G, and a McNabb-like QB. That is a winning lineup in my opinion.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:11 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I love Rogers this year, he can put up numbers comparable to Andre Johnson this year and you can get him 2 rounds lower. If you draft him as your 2nd WR, you'll already have 2 good backs, a good WR, Tony G, and a McNabb-like QB. That is a winning lineup in my opinion.

Ssshhhh!!!! ;)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby nsulham » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:15 am

Gunslinger wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I love Rogers this year, he can put up numbers comparable to Andre Johnson this year and you can get him 2 rounds lower. If you draft him as your 2nd WR, you'll already have 2 good backs, a good WR, Tony G, and a McNabb-like QB. That is a winning lineup in my opinion.

Ssshhhh!!!! ;)

As someone who was burned by Rogers last year, he just seems kinda brittle to me. If he falls far enough I'll probably grab him but as my #2? I don't know if I've got those kinda balls O:-)
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:56 am

nsulham wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Ssshhhh!!!! ;)

As someone who was burned by Rogers last year, he just seems kinda brittle to me. If he falls far enough I'll probably grab him but as my #2? I don't know if I've got those kinda balls O:-)

I wasn't real crazy about how long that injury took to heal, I agree. But I think I'll take a flyer on him if he falls to me in the 7th or 8th rounds like CC said. Maybe even the 6th, it depends on what position in the draft I'm in and who I already have.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby AGENT » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:58 pm

CHARLES ROGERS WILL BE TOP 10 THIS YEAR!!
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby arrbez » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:36 pm

i've had a broken collarbone before. once healed the bone actually becomes thicker and stronger (or so i've heard), so a collarbone injury is about the best season ending injury a player could hope for
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:56 pm

You read my mind, that is exactly how I feel about Rogers. He's the cheaper version of Andre Johnson this year. Rogers may be even more effective than Johnson because he has a better supporting cast and is in an easier division.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:16 pm

Rogers can be very good...But as someone who has watched him since he was in high school, he is very injury prone.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk