Please post your sleeper TE's here. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Please post your sleeper TE's here.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:48 pm

prodonut wrote:freddie jones..ari..nuff said

I see this guy a lot later than he should in most drafts, a very solid later pick.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby emaja » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:01 pm

Impressionable wrote:You mean alll TE's aren't sleepers?

Outside of the well known TEs, such as Gonzo, Heap, Shockey, Crumpler, they will all put up very similar numbers. One drafted in the late rounds isn't going to be all that much better than one you can pick up on the WW.

That's my thought too. If you can't get one of the Big 4, play the matchups and grab the hot TE off WW. Worked for me every year. Had Graham for a few games, then grabbed Kinney, and ended the season with Boo last year.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:06 pm

I like Antonio Gates especially, if he counts as a sleeper. Besides him, I'm looking for LJ Smith, Freddie Jones, and Desmond Clark.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:38 pm

A lot of people seem to be ignoring Boo Williams because he only played 6 games games when Conwell was injured but in those 6 games only Gonzo had better numbers. I really don't see Conwell winning his job back (they'll probably just use him as a blocker).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:48 pm

i think Boo, Gates, and Witten are in my opinion.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kswiss » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:22 pm

What do you guys think of Teyo Johnson in Oakland. He was a wide reciever for Stanford and also played Power Forward on their basketball team. I think he's a capable reciever. What are his chances of getting the starting job and being productive?
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby AGENT » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:49 pm

Fitzsimmons from Det.
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:19 pm

I think Teyo could be very good...Lots of positive press, but Roland Williams is back this year, so I am not sure who's going to have the job for sure...They could end up cutting into each other's numbers.

Fitzsimmons is a deep sleeper in my opinoin. Harrington goes to his TE a good bit. It will be a pleasant surprise if Fitz catches the balls unlike Ricks last year. But it may turn into enough balls going around with Rogers, Streets, Williams, and KJ...

WIll be interesting...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikeprovri » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:37 pm

Just FYI for all you Witten supporters...from Peter King's MMQB last week:

"Though he is a statue back there, and the Dallas offensive line is not a great one, Bill Parcells will mandate that Testaverde be protected, and it will happen. Not pristinely, I'm sure. But he'll survive. The tight ends will just have to block a lot more than they'll catch."

Becht is a pretty good call I think...consistently mediocre, but rarely puts up a zero. Wouldn't surprise me if he even went undrafted.
mikeprovri
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:39 pm

Last round gems:

1st option) Freddie Jones

2nd option) Jim Kleissanser (sp?)
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer