Please post your sleeper TE's here. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Please post your sleeper TE's here.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:51 am

I think you guys are really overlooking Kleinsasser, and I dont have a problem with that :-b

As a competitor I hope his value stays low, but as a contributer to this esteemed forum, I have to encourage you guys to look more closely to Kleinsasser. He is a pretty big sleeper, and I have him ranked before a lot of the guys being talked about here.

Quinbrave - dude, your 2nd best TE isnt even the starting TE for his own team. Dallas Clark replaced him last yr before injury - and one can only assume now that he is healthy again, Peyton will continue to look for him over Pollard. Your rankings are way way off. :-t
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benm3218 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:26 am

Wrighster from Jags.......
I didn't buy into him before.....
But he had a pretty good game. If you owned Leftwich, maybe he would be a great sleeper......
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:38 am

LJ Smith. If he builds on last season he should crack at least top 15, which isn't much, but that's assuming nothing spectacular. Reid likes to use his TE's, and Chad Lewis is on the way out. Smith won't have a lot of pressure in passing situations, and had really showed off some impressive skills in the later half of last year. My only real concern is whether his hands problem was just rookie jitters or lack of ability.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:51 pm

benm3218 wrote:Wrighster from Jags.......
I didn't buy into him before.....
But he had a pretty good game. If you owned Leftwich, maybe he would be a great sleeper......

Finally someone believes me!!! Last time I mentioned Wrighster I got yelled at.

:,-(
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:55 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think you guys are really overlooking Kleinsasser, and I dont have a problem with that :-b

As a competitor I hope his value stays low, but as a contributer to this esteemed forum, I have to encourage you guys to look more closely to Kleinsasser. He is a pretty big sleeper, and I have him ranked before a lot of the guys being talked about here.

Quinbrave - dude, your 2nd best TE isnt even the starting TE for his own team. Dallas Clark replaced him last yr before injury - and one can only assume now that he is healthy again, Peyton will continue to look for him over Pollard. Your rankings are way way off. :-t

Good point about Clark - some are still ranking him too low. As to Kleinsasser, did the Vike's add Wiggins to challenge him or is he strictly backup material at this point?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:59 pm

The fantasy downside to Kleinsasser is he is such a great blocking TE. The Vikes know this and use him for that purpose mostly. He's the guy that either catches the defense off guard for 2 TDs or gets you 1 catch for 9 yards.

Probably better than the other bottom half TEs in the league, but a bottom half TE stinks regardless.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:07 pm

I'll throw in 2 that haven't been talked about: Johnson, SF and Rikhs, NYJ.

Johnson has always been a nice receiving TE in a good TE offense in SF. He's got speed to get down the seam and with so many questions at WR, this could be a 50 catch year.

Rikhs is a nice TE that is going to a good situation in NY. With a healthy Penny, he could have a nice 50+ catch year.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk