C.Brown or Smith - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

C.Brown or Smith

Moderator: Football Moderators

C.Brown or Smith

Postby Tiki » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:55 pm

Who is starting I scrolled down to see if anyone asked this sorry if I missed this but who is starting does anyone know!! thanks!! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:00 pm

It appears Brown will have a firm grip on the starting job, Smith will be a change of pace back and possibly to give Brown rest.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mnheadliner » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:52 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:It appears Brown will have a firm grip on the starting job, Smith will be a change of pace back and possibly to give Brown rest.

Brown has a firm grip? Really? I hadn't hear this. I have refused to project stats for either Brown or Smith unitl I heard more. Interesting.....YAY! I hate RBBC situations. Did they say how they'd use Smith or how many carries the'd try to get Brown a game? :-?
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby AGENT » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:53 pm

I heard that Brown has a firm lock as well on the position. I look for Smith to be the 3rd down back and possible goal line back.
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Slingblade » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:01 pm

brown has it...smith will only provide breathers for brown
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mnheadliner » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:05 pm

Ok.....so.....what do you guys project for Brown this season? I have yet to look into projections for him and want some outside opinions I trust before I fo mine.

Thanks! ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TTTBone » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:11 pm

...and by "firm lock", I think means, will be given every opportunity to claim the starting position. His to lose. Which doesn't mean we won't see RBBC. Pre-season will tell. Personally, I'm wary of Brown.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:46 pm

TTTBone wrote:...and by "firm lock", I think means, will be given every opportunity to claim the starting position. His to lose. Which doesn't mean we won't see RBBC. Pre-season will tell. Personally, I'm wary of Brown.

Agreed. Chris Brown still has very little NFL experience even though he's shown flashes of talent. I think people drafting him as a top #3 RB could be in for dissappointment. The presence of Antowain Smith makes the Chris Brown a gamble this year.

Don't forget Antowain Smith is a seasoned vet that has won Super BowlS and that the Titan's window of opportunity is closing quickly.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:24 pm

I have to disagree with Kensat, something I don't usually do. I think that Brown will be a great #3 RB. The Titans have shown that they will give their RB the ball even when his average isn't great, and Brown's average will be better than Eddie's was. Smith, I believe, will just be put in to spell Brown and will have little value. I don't see Smith stealing goalline carries as Brown is bigger and a stronger runner. I could even see Brown being a solid #2 RB if everything falls into place. He will get the opportunity.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Azrael » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:41 pm

I don't think Smith will be used much more than to give Brown a rest. I thought initially that it would be RBBC but I think Brown will get the bulk of the work, much like Staley should in Pittsburgh.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk